Developer(s): Rockstar North
Publisher(s): Rockstar Games (US, EU, AU), SCEA (US)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Game review links: : 76/100
Game description: They just killed Cash. Now, they want to kill him again. America is full of run down, broken rust-belt towns where nobody cares and anything goes. In Carcer City, nothing matters anymore and all that's left are cheap thrills. The ultimate rush is the power to grant life and take it away, for sport. This time James Earl Cash, you are the sport. They gave you your life back. Now, they are going to hunt you down. You awake to the sound of your own panicked breath. You must run, hide and fight to survive. If you can stay alive long enough, you may find out who did this to you. This is a brutal blood sport.
The year's darkest and most terrifying videogame experience has arrived courtesy of Rockstar Games, makers of the controversial Grand Theft Auto series. Walk in the shoes of James Earl Cash, a man sentenced to death only to find himself given an unexpected and sinister reprieve. Forced to fight and outwit hordes of bloodthirsty gang members vying for his head on a platter. All orchestrated for pleasure and profit by the voice of an unseen Director.
||0.9.8||GSdx SSSE3 / SSE4 (r4631)||
||BIOS: EUR v2.00, (DX9 Hardware Mode)At start of Level 1, when the director shouts 'Action !' the screen stays the same and all controller input is lost. Prior to that the spoken audio is prone to speed up like Mickey Mouse and slow down to normal again. USE SOFTWARE MODE: GAME SEEMS TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY WITH NO FREEZE.||Vecuccio|
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), EE/VU Clamp: Full/Extra + Preserve Sign, EE/VU Rounding: Negative/Negative, None, None, Plays great, FPS stays around Mid to high 50fps, slightly dropping to around mid 40FPS during the first cut scene which makes the sound go a bit weird but after the first cutscene there has been no audio/game bugs or flaws as of yet., First cut scene hangs when the director says "ready, action".Fix: Set EE and VU round modes to 'negative'|
||1.1.0 (r5492)||GSdx SSE4 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
|NTSC-U / PAL||Windows 10||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Playable up until "Fuelled By Hate" when you have to enter the crane to progress and you will be stuck inside the crane and can't do anything (Fixed, see below). As of 1.5.0-dev-2211, with Widescreen Fixes on, each time you die the FOV will increase more and more and character models will become distorted. It requires backing out to the main menu then back in game to fix.|
||v1.5.0 (dev-2556 g577bfaa8c)||GSdx SSE2||
||run default 50fps, full default parameters|
Game hangs on crane enter
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: When you get inside the crane in "Fuelled By Hate", the HUD disappears and you can't exit or move the crane controls. You won't be able to progress past this point.
- Workaround: Set EE Cyclerate to -2 or -3. Or let yourself get killed after the save point in front of the gasoline, press X to load the save point and use the nailgun to quickly kill the Skinz and carry the gas to the crane and get inside.
Lights through walls
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: A bug appears with some lights that have a lighting boost, but that you can also see through the walls.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, then check the "enable HW Hack" box, and check the "Alpha" + "Auto Flush" box and Set Half Pixel Offset to Special (Texture) to get rid of this issue.
Lines of camera not correct
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: During the camera phase, the lines are abstract, and are not displayed correctly
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, then check the "enable HW Hack" box, and check the "unscale point & line" box