Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
Developer(s): Core Design Ltd.
Publisher(s): Eidos Interactive
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 52/100
Game description: A series of grisly murders brings Lara into conflict with a sinister Alchemist from the past, and a secret alliance of powerful individuals shrouded in mystery. At the center of these mysteries are the Obscura Paintings - five 14th century pieces of art that the Alchemist is desperate to repossess. Accused of the murder of her one time mentor, Werner Von Croy, Lara becomes a fugitive on the run. Pursued by the police, she follows the Alchemist into a dark world of blood, betrayal and vengeance where it is up to her to defeat this unholy alliance, and stop them from unleashing their incredible powers on the world. For the first time in a Tomb Raider game, Lara has the ability to talk to characters, and the choices you make in conversation will affect Lara's route through the game.
||1.1.0 r5730||GSDX 5727 0.1.16||
||BIOS: Europe 2.20, HACKS: none. You need to boot fully before you play, otherwise you will not be able to see any text on the menu screens. Game runs really nice and fast. I didn't come across any graphical glitches, except a few missing objects, but not sure if this is just to do with the difference between game versions. Also, one of the strength upgrades didn't seem to work during one level.||EddieHimself|
||1.3 5880 .svn||GSDX||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Needs: 1-The patch of Nachbreanner in the gameindex. 2-Full Boot, 3-Only work with the Exactily Bios of the game region|
||1.3 5932 .svn and Git 29 of April||GSDX||
||Europe v1.60 (04/10/2001), Needs: 1-The patch of Nachbreanner in the gameindex. 2-Full Boot, 3-Only work with the Exactily Bios of the game region,here in this case a european bios.|
- Original names: ララ・クロフト トゥームレイダー 美しき逃亡者 (SLPS-25246), 툼레이더: 엔젤 오브 다크니스 (SLKA-25073)
- Also known as Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Utsukushiki Toubousha (JP)
- This game have build-in widescreen support through the BIOS configuration. Implementation requires Full boot - "Boot CDVD (full)".
- The PAL version of this game supports multiple languages through the BIOS configuration. Implementation requires Full boot - "Boot CDVD (full)".
Missing notebook illustrations
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Early in the game Lara obtains a notebook containing various pieces of info. This notebook is accessible through the pause menu (select button in game), and some of the entries in the notebook are accompanied by pictures.
- Workaround: Switch from OpenGL to a DirectX renderer. Everything works as expected this way.
- Alternative Workaround:Full boot the game(System -> Boot CDVD (full)).