Developer(s): Square Enix
Genre: Action RPG
Game review links: Link
Game review score: Metacritic: 85/100
Game description: Play as Sora, Donald, and Goofy to fight the Heartless!
Test configuration on Windows:
|PCSX2 version:||1.1.0 r5619 (svn)|
|Graphics by GSDX:||r5464|
|Sound by SPU2-X:||2.0.0|
|Pad plugin is LilyPad:||0.11.0|
Comments: Works great, played through the whole game, only lag during major effects, mostly water and giant magic effects (during Boss Battles, Cutscenes, Summons) But, only had one major crash with Chernabog (giant black devil in The End of the World) repeatedly, but other then that nothing major. Also, rather low on the scale of CPU demand. Hack comments:
- EE CycleRate (3): noticeable speedup, setting it to 3 causes no issues.
- INTC Sync Hack: small if any speedup, no issues.
- Idle Loop Fast Forward: noticeable speedup, no issues.
- mVU Flag Hack: Good speed up, no issues.
- mVU Block Hack: Good Speed up, no issues
- MTVU: Noticeable speedup with 4+ core CPU's.
|Graphics by ZZogl:||186|
|Sound by ZeroSPU2:||untested|
|Pad plugin is ZeroPad:||0.9|
Comments: Playable from start to finish. No specific issues, only Whales region is slow (30 fps). Resolve hack 1 recommended, slight improvement of picture. AA x4.
|CPU:||Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 (2.4GHz)|
Comments: Only slow in a couple places, mostly 60+ FPS.
Sun lights are seen thru walls
- Solution - Use GSdx software mode.
(Really only noticeable on the Destiny Islands, and even then, you still have to look hard, not really worth the graphics degradation for it)
Visual Artifacts in subtitles when using scaling
- Solution - Use PCSX2 r5560 or newer and use the TC offset hack with 525,0
Repeated Crashes at/around same spot
- Solution - Use GSdx DirectX 9 in native or DirectX 9 software mode, uses the reccomended settings bar to safest possible settings, and turn of all hacks that may compromise compatibility (widescreen hack OK) until out of area (Defeating a boss/world).