Developer(s): Team Ico
Publisher(s): SCEA (US), SCEI (JP), SCEE (EU), SCE Australia (AU)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 9.4/10, : 90/100
Game description: Solve the puzzles or join the tormented souls forever. You play Ico, a boy ostracized and entombed for being born with horns, as he solves a variety of puzzles to escape from a dangerous castle. Ico can leap over precipices and battle shadow wraiths and ethereal creatures with a swing of his walking staff. With the help of his friend Yorda, Ico encounters many mysteries in his quest, but one daunting question always remains: Is there ever a way out of this strange place?
Ico weaves the tale of a young boy trying to escape his imprisonment in a large, vacant castle. Along the way, he discovers another captive--a beautiful princess named Yorda. Players control Ico with the goal of escaping the castle with the princess safely in hand.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx ?||
||BIOS: USA 2.0, Ran the intro and the first level at +50FPS (Pal version tested) (Didn't test the rest of the game)||188.8.131.52|
||Has some known issues as described bellow but completely playable from start to finish.||Machina|
||1.1.0 r5452||GSdx 5442 SSE41||
||Runs at 200% speed.|
||1.1.0 r5517||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||EE/VU Clamp: Full/Full, Runs above full speed., Must be set to full-clamping mode to avoid freezing on the intro.|
|PAL||Windows 7 x64||
||1.2.1 r5875 [25.3.2015]||GSdx SSE2 0.1.16||
||Runs 45-50 FPS all the time.||Tyranusxxx|
|PAL||Windows 8.1 x64||
||1.3.0-0 [July 3, 2014]||GSdx SSE4.1 0.1.16||
||BIOS: Europe 1.60. Plays at full speed (50 FPS) with default internal resolution (512x256). Currently at the Main Gate.||williamjcm|
|NTSC-U||Windows 8.1 x64||
||v1.5.0-dev-2136-gbab9826 [July 11, 2017]||GSdx 20170703192203 AVX2||
||Stable 60 FPS. 130 FPS in benchmark mode in a large scale room with the characters in focus.||IgelRM|
||1.5.0~git201707031722||GSdx (GCC 6.3.0, SSE2) 1.0.0||SPU2-X 2.0.0||Very good, speed : ~95-100%.||Marc|
- Original names: イコ (SCPS-11003) & (SCPS-19103) & (SCPS-19151), ICO 古堡迷踪 (SCCS-40005), 이코 (SCPS-56001)
Mipmapping issues in Hardware Mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: In Hardware mode, the lack of mipmapping means some lighting effects, mostly the god rays near windows, are missing.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set mipmapping to "Basic". This only partially enables these effects. For a full solution switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
Misaligned lighting effects when upscaling
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Lighting effects misaligned in Hardware mode.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable the Half-pixel Offset hack.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: It hangs on the first cutscene and later on too.
- Workaround: Fix is enabled by default as long as System > Automatic Gamefixes is turned on. To manually enable the fix go to Config > Emulation Settings, EE/IOP tab, and set Clamping Mode to "Extra + Preserve Sign".
Camera Gets Stuck
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Camera gets stuck behind some wall in some places.
- Workaround: Fix is enabled by default as long as System > Automatic Gamefixes is turned on. To manually enable the fix go to Config > Emulation Settings, VUs tab, and set Clamping Mode to Normal(Default), or make sure Preset is set to "Balanced"(3) or lower.