Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Developer(s): Rockstar North
Publisher(s): Rockstar Games (US, EU, AU, JP), Capcom (JP), SCEA (US)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 95/100, : 95/100
Game description: Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
||0.9.8 RC r4463||GSdx r4459||
||BIOS: USA 2.0, FPS: 60/60, PAL last tested with 0.9.4 with complains of reflections covering the screen, probably playable with 0.9.8.||Machina|
||1.1.0 r5480||GSdx 5442 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.1.0 r5576||GSdx r5464 SSSE3||
||Fast and smooth it is.|
||1.1.0 5732||GSdx32 r5732 AVX||
||BIOS: EUR 2.0, FPS: 4-60, works just on software renderer dx11 or dx9. msaa 4x, alpha, halfpixel,sprite,wildarmsoffset,agressivce-crc,alpha stencil. texture filtering, allow 8bit textures, enable hw hacks ! Speedhacks: EE 2 , VU 1. intc,loop detection, mvu flag hack and mtvu active !||Xeo|
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), MTVU, INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack, Goes from Ingame to Playable. Game works fine at a good speed, very dark however due to light being removed via CRC patch. I recommend you enable Shadeboost and put the brightness slider to about 85 to achieve the brightness seen in the screenshot above.|
|NTSC||Windows 8.1 Professional x64||
||BIOS: USA 2.2.0(10/02/2006)
|PAL||Linux Mint 19.1||
||1.4.0||GSdx (GCC 7.3.0, SSE2) 1.0.0 [libGSdx-1.0.0]||SPU2-X 2.0.0 [libspu2x-2.0.0]||BIOS: Europe v02.00 FPS 48/50 (Pal games run only at 50fps). OpenGL Hardware , Shade Boost all Set to 50, Full Depth Emulation ,Internal Resolution X2 Native , Blending Unit Accuracy Basic , Automatic CRC Level Full , Speed Hacks UV Cycle Stealing Set To 1. Only player the first level but everything seems fine as far more testing might be needed.||Logeater|
- Original names: グランド・セフト・オート・サンアンドレアス (SLPM-65984) & (SLPM-66788) & (SLPM-55292)
- The top and bottom of the 4:3 image, meaning less visible viewing area than when played in 4:3. Go to the System tab and click "Enable Widescreen Patches" to enable a patch that fixes the widescreen.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Reflections and/or semi-transparent images can cover the screen at random.
- Workaround: This has been fixed for Software mode in recent v1.5.0 git builds, and can be fixed for hardware by going to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, clicking "Enable HW Hacks", going to Configure Hacks and enabling the Auto Flush hack. For older versions set the CRC Hack Level to Partial or higher.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: The dirt on car appear as a pink color.
- Workaround: Fixed in latest v1.7.0 (CLUT fix).
Game freezes during "Reuniting The Families" mission
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Major
- Description: Game freezes when the cops start descending from the chopper, exactly when the game is supposed to slow down, when the pilot says "All units, rock n' roll".
- Workaround: In "Emulation Settings", set Clamping Mode at least to "Extra + Preserve Sign". Also, you may just skip the cut scene. Fixed in v1.7.2041