God of War II
Developer(s): SCE Santa Monica
Publisher(s): SCEA (US), SCEE (EU), SCE Australia (AU), SCEI (KO), SCE Korea (KO), Capcom (JP)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 9.7/10, : 93/100
Game description: God of War saw Kratos, a mortal warrior, set upon an epic quest to dethrone a God. But his journey did not end there. In God of War II, Kratos sits atop his Olympus throne, as the new God of War - far more ruthless than Ares ever was. To end his continued torment, Kratos must journey to the far reaches of the earth and defeat untold horrors and alter that which no mortal, or god has ever changed, his fate. God of War II sets an epic stage for a devastating mythological war to end all wars. In God of War II, players retake the role of Kratos. Armed with the deadly blades and blistering rage, players are aided by new breath-taking magic and new brutal combat moves. The journey takes them through vividly striking environments where they are faced with a labyrinth of challenging puzzles and mini-games intricately woven into the story. The violent world of Greek mythology comes to life in gory detail as Kratos encounters new mythical characters, and compete in epic boss battles in his quest.
God of War II is a third person action-adventure video game. Sequel to God of War, God of War II is loosely based on Greek mythology, and is set in Ancient Greece. The player controls the protagonist Kratos, the new God of War who has killed the former, Ares. Kratos is betrayed by Zeus, the King of the Olympian Gods, who strips him of his godhood. Kratos is saved by the Titan Gaia who instructs Kratos to find The Sisters of Fate, who will allow him to travel back in time, avert his betrayal and change his destiny.
||0.9.8 r4976||GSdx SSE4 (vr4976)||SPU2-X 2.0 (r4976)||BIOS: USA(v2.0), FPS: 60||Alok|
||1.0.0.r5350||GSdx SSE4 (vr5350) D3D11 HW||SPU2-X 2.0 (r5350)||EmotionEngine & IOP->Recompiler, EE/FPU->Chop/Zero, Clamping Mode->None, VU0 & VU1->MicroVU Recompiler, VU0/VU1->Chop/Zero, Clamping Mode->None, Enable Speed Hacks & Enable NTSC Spin Detection & Enable Wait Loop Detection & MVu Flag Hack & MTVu->[Checked], EE Cyclerate & VU Cycle Stealing->3, Shade Boost & Texture Filtering & AA1->[Checked],Half-Pixel Offset in Configure->[Checked], Average FPS:60, Max FPS:60, Min FPS:19, Average frames are at rate of 50 throughout the game but some regions do have spikes and drops||The Requiem|
||1.1.0 r5480||GSdx 5442 SSE41||
||Runs near full speed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 r5875||GSdx 10 (Hardware) 0.1.16 r5875||
||Game still has the ghosting affects but can be fixed using the aforementioned fixes. Game runs extremely well once the ghosting is fixed. Bios v 2.0 was used.||Zrooney|
||SPU2-X 2.0.0||locked 60fps with 8192x4608 internal res using "skipdraw=2" hack||QxiR|
||1.3 Git 18 of June||GSdx||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), No Bugs.|
- Original names: ゴッド・オブ・ウォー II 終焉への序曲 (SLPM-67013) & (SLPM-67017), 갓 오브 워 II (SCKA-30006)
Shifted, ghost-like image
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Kratos and other objects and characters have a shifted, ghost like effect around them.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable the Align Sprite hack. Setting Half Pixel Offset to Special (Texture) is another alternative. Another less recommended workaround is to set the SkipDraw hack to 2(this might remove some additional effects). Or go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set the Internal Resolution to "Native", or set the Renderer to Software mode by selecting one of the (Software) options.
Vertical lines under water and in hell
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: There are vertical lines on the screen in under water and hell levels.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings,and set the CRC Hack Level to "Aggressive". Or go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable the Align Sprite hack. This reduces the number of the horizontal lines underwater. Another, non-recommended, workaround is to set the SkipDraw hack to 60(this is likely to remove or break many other graphical effects). Or go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set the Internal Resolution to "Native", or set the Renderer to Software mode by selecting one of the (Software) options.