God of War
Developer(s): SCE Santa Monica
Publisher(s): SCEA (US), SCEE (EU), SCEI (KO), Capcom (JP), SCE Australia (AU)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 94/100
Game description: In God of War, the dark world of Greek mythology comes to life right before your eyes. As you take the role of Kratos, a story unfolds with various plot twists and multiple endings that take you through traps, stunts, and puzzles. With a deep combat system built around double chain blade weapons, the game places you in a variety of environments, in which you must fight challenging enemies, swing on ropes, scale mountain cliffs, swim through rivers, and slide down zip lines.
God of War is a single player game that features a third-person perspective view with a fixed camera. The player controls the character Kratos, a Spartan warrior in the service of the Olympian Gods in a mixture of combat, both normal and quick time, with platforming and puzzle game elements. The player guides the protagonist through a long series of tests, trials and mazes to achieve goals. The game is loosely based on Greek mythology, and is set in Ancient Greece.
||0.9.7 (SVN r3113)||GSdx SSE2 (r3068)||
||BIOS: USA v02.20, GSdx plugin settings : Try to enable Native tick and disable any others. Speed hacks settings : Try to enable everything. VU Cycle Stealing causes huge speed up, but Kratus blinks.||Squall*|
||0.9.8 (r4895)||GSdx SSE4 (r4895)||
||BIOS: USA v02.00
||0.9.9 (r5128)||GSDX SSE4.1 (r5133)||
||With 5x resolution I get 50 FPS super stable! Recomended speedhacks on, Automatic Gamefixes on , MTVU on, GSdx: Direct3D11, Texture Filtering, hardware hacks: Half-pixel Offset. Change NTSC framerate to 50 FPS or lower, change in Pcsx2_vm.ini||Heltonxl|
||1.1.0 (r5480)||GSdx SSE41 (r5442)||
||Runs near full speed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit||
||GSdx SSE4 0.1.16 (r5875)||
||The game is fully playable, and all the Bonus features you unlock after completing the game work.
||1.3 (svn r5932)||GSdx||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), No Bugs.|
||1.3.0 (git 2014-08-30)||GSdx SSE41 0.1.16||
||US v02.00(14/06/2004), Defaults + MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1). Run at max speed (60 FPS) with a few rare slowdowns (45-50 FPS) using also 1920x1080 resolution. In Hardware mode shadows from main character and creatures are not displayed. The same also happen with the fog effect. In Software mode both works fine.|
|NTSC||Windows 8.1 Pro x64||
||1.3.1 (r530 g62beb3a)
||BIOS: USA 2.2.0(10/02/2006), Completed the entire game with no crashing.||INVALID_STRING_NAME|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64||
||BIOS: USA 2.2.0, Fully playable with solid performance 50-60 FPS.
||GSdx AVX2 1.1.0
||BIOS: USA 1.60, Playable with full 60FPS.
||pre-0.9.7 beta (r1736)||ZZogl 182||
|NTSC-U||Debian 8 Testing (Linux 4.1.6-amd64)||
||1.3.1 (git r1094 gf062b0f)||GSdx SSE2 1.0.0
||BIOS: Europe v02.00, Preset: Safest. Runs full speed.||Beta Version BY|
- Original names: ゴッド・オブ・ウォー (SLPM-67010) & (SLPM-67011) & (SLPM-67012), 갓 오브 워: 영혼의 반역자 (SCKA-30002)
- Widescreen crops the top and bottom of the 4:3 image, meaning less visible viewing area than when played in 4:3.
Kratos's shadow is missing
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: In Hardware mode Kratos's shadow is missing.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, make sure the Renderer is set to "OpenGL (Hardware), then click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and use Round Sprite or use TC Offset to correct the effects. Or switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to one of the "(Software)" options.
Horizontal lines underwater
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: In underwater sections horizontal lines appear over the screen.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable the Align Sprite hack. This reduces the number of the horizontal lines underwater. Or go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set the Internal Resolution to "Native", or set the Renderer to Software mode by selecting one of the (Software) options.
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: When the "VU Cycle Stealing" speedhack is enabled, Kratos starts blinking.
- Workaround: Has been fixed since at least PCSX2 v1.0.0. For older versions go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab, and set the "VU Cycle Stealing" speedhack back to 0.