Publisher(s): Irem (JP), Virgin Interactive (EU)
Game description: David Goldman, intrepid newspaper photographer extraordinaire, goes on assignment to capture wild and wacky events on film. Under seemingly normal circumstances which can quickly get out of hand, David clicks and snaps opportune and interesting shots which will please his chief editor and ensure his continued employment at the Times. David's aspiration since childhood has been the snaring of a Pulitzer and the Japanese assignment dovetails neatly with his dream. The first level plants our maniacally grinning friend on a Japanese street where citizens coalesce and dawdle. The people eventually start hamming it up, ignite incidents and essentially open themselves up for blooper-magnitude photo ops. A limited amount of film requires a game plan of paucity when taking photos, limiting yourself to only the money shots. Later levels find David in a forest filled with spirits, a sports arena, a zoo and a shopping center, among others. The game touts support of the Popegg camera once it's released and players may take a photo of themselves and paste their face on in-game characters if so inclined.
||0.9.4||ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.96.5||
||BIOS: USA v01.60, NTSC-J last tested with PCSX2 0.9.4 with complains of transparency issues. Unknown status with 0.9.8 or newer.||Machina|
||1.1.0 r5593||GSdx 5580 SSE41||
||No change: fast & playable..., Status|
- Original names: 激写ボーイ2 〜特ダネ王国ニッポン〜 (SLPS-20091)
- Also known as Polaroid Pete
- The game is a sequel to the game "Gekibo", which was on the Turbografx 16 console. There is a PAL version of the game named Polaroid Pete, but the publishing company for the PAL regions went bankrupt literally days before it scheduled to hit stores. It is rumored that the game saw limited distribution or was given away, making a PAL copy of this game incredibly rare, should it actually exist.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Borders around textures.
- Workaround: Software mode (F9) in GSdx.