Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Genre: Horror type action/adventure
Game review score: 81/100 Critic, 9.2/10 User. (Metacritic)
Game description: Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, known in Europe as Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly and in Japan as Zero ~Akai Chō~ (零 ～紅い蝶～, lit. "Zero ~Crimson Butterfly~"), is a 2003 Japanese horror action-adventure video game and is the second installment in the Fatal Frame series. Unlike in other installments in the series, the Camera Obscura's attack power is based on the player's proximity to the target ghost.
A director's cut edition was released for the Xbox in 2004, and a remake titled Project Zero 2: Wii Edition, known in Japan as Zero ~Shinku no Chō (零 ～眞紅の蝶～, lit. "Zero ~Deep Crimson Butterfly~") was released for the Wii in Japan, Australia, and Europe in 2012.
||FPS: 40-60 fps, Plays perfect! Pcsx2 and Gsdx = all options default||Nueziel|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 x64, 8GB RAM||
||BIOS: USA v2.00, HACKS: INTC, Wait Loop Detection, mVU flag hack, MTVU., 60 FPS constant with D3D11 Hardware Mode at 4x Native and allow 8-bit textures. The Camera Obscura works perfectly.||Usrnme1|
- Widescreen support available as a .pnatch file. Grab it from the PCSX2 forums.
Speech sometimes too fast
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Speech from characters is sometimes too fast (it sounds like it's on fast-forward), such as from Mio, Mayu, or a ghost talking. This occured using SPU2-X r5733.
- Workaround: Switch to an older SPU2-X plugin such as r5324, which you can find in the PCSX2 v1.0.0 stable release.
Cannot re-enter Lattice Room
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: This is a bug in the game itself, but I feel it deserves to be mentioned. In Chapter 4 there is a locked room called the Lattice Room that requires two bodies to open. Once you exit this room through the previously locked doors you cannot enter it again through those doors. If you do not pick up the key item in there required for progession you will have to load a previous save.