Devil May Cry
Game review links: Link
Game review score: Metacritic: 94
Game description: Legends tell of a demon swordsman named Sparda, who awoke to justice and rebelled against the devil, waging a one-man support of the human world. Now, 2,000 years later, a dark figure named Dante--private investigator of the supernatural--finds clues that the devil is rallying to rise up again against mankind. By Dante's demon blood, you enter this dark realm of demonic marionettes, unearthly phantoms, grim reapers, and other retched souls. Transform to a demon state to inflict devastating attacks on enemies in this gothic battle of good against evil.
Test configuration on Windows:
|PCSX2 version:||0.9.8 RC r4463|
|Graphics by GSDX:||r4459|
|Sound by SPU2-X:||2.0.0|
|Pad plugin is Lilypad:||0.10.0|
|BIOS version:||USA v2.00|
- NTSC-J last tested with 0.9.4, unknown status with 0.9.8 or newer.
- PAL has problems with the intro/menus, should be working with SPU2-X 2.0.0 but untested so far.
|Graphics by ZZogl:||untested|
|Sound by SPU2-X:||untested|
|CPU:||Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 3.20GHz Yorkfield XE 4 cores|
|GPU:||GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600GT 256MB|
Comments: 52-60 FPS most of the time. Maybe enable some speedhacks.
Some boxes appear at the top of the screen making progress difficult.
- Solution: Either use the Native option in GSdx r4600 or use an old version of GSdx like 0.1.14 or r890
- Alternative Solution: press SELECT, go to the options menu, and wait for 8 seconds before exiting.
Hangs at Intro/Menu (PAL)
Long time on/off problem.
- Solution: Appears to be fixed since r4758, SPU2-X 2.0.0 should be safe.