Destroy All Humans! 2
Developer(s): Pandemic Studios
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 74/100
Game description: Destroy All Humans! 2 takes the irreverent Sci-Fi action gaming experience into the swinging sixties with all new game features, expanded open-world gameplay and co-op multiplayer. Assuming the role of the Furon Scout - Crypto 137 - players will embark on another mission to earth to take on the world of free love, the Cold War and other 60's era icons. In Destroy All Humans! 2 Players have access to an upgraded arsenal of weapons and enhanced mental abilities while they battle a variety of new enemies from secret agents and giant creatures to Soviet Forces and ninja warriors.
The sequel to Destroy All Humans!. The game is set in 1969, 12 years after the original. The game begins with a KGB slide show meeting showing that the main character from Destroy All Humans!, Cryptosporidium-137, is now deceased for unknown reasons. His clone, Cryptosporidium-138 (Crypto for short), made of more pure Furon DNA, is now taking his place and continuing to pose as the United States President. KGB intelligence reveals that Crypto-138 is the first and only Furon to have genitalia, referred to only as "The Package". Seeing the Furons as a threat to the Soviet Union, the KGB destroy the Furon mothership with a nuclear missile. Soon after, Crypto's new adventure begins.
||r4600 0.9.8||?||?||FPS: 55-60 FPS, None, major slowdown on all, Native Resolution, In-game a sort of "shadow" is on the screen, but blocky showing vague things of the environment, but past that is the game, which would look normal if not for that, and scaling also major slows it down and ANY hacks do, too. (So no hacks) All menus are fine. Could play through entire if one could get past the blocky shadow.||Bot2345|
||v1.1.0 r5423||GSdx r5412||
||BIOS: Any, HACKS: Skipdraw 5 in GSdx is recommended, when playing in hardware mode., Full screen shadow like issue in the whole game., Runs fine in hardware mode at 3x upscale. Skipdraw 5 needed in this mode. Check known issues. Software mode has no graphical issues. The game is fully playable. Be aware that sw mode is highly demanding. With above PC specs it uses around 70% CPU power! Can get slowdowns in intense fightings.||Yuri|
||1.1.0 r5604||GSdx 5580 SSE41||
||Ingame has corrupt graphics if gsdx is in hardware mode. Looks fine in software mode.|
||1.1.0 Development 5704||GSDX||
||Europe v02.20(10/02/2006), INTC Rotation Detection, Haven't found any issues. Playing great with around 30-38 FPS in Full Screen.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 r5875||GSdx 10 (Hardware) 0.1.16 r5875||
||The same thing as Yuri said. Skipdraw and 3X native did not seem to get rid of the graphical glitch, but your mileage may vary.Bios v 2.0 was used.||Zrooney|
||v1.5.0 (git 2534)||GSdx DX11 Hardware||
||Solid 60 FPS, Skipdraw 5X Scaling 4X. Some issues where the subtitles and the dialog options are not displayed, no character shadows. Strange texture glitches are now fixed.||Arkelyos|
- The game has a built-in 16:9 widescreen mode. To enable it start the game and go to Options > Display > Widescreen menu.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: In-game a sort of "shadow" is on the screen, but blocky showing vague things of the environment. The glitch is present entire game.
- Workaround: Switch to Software mode by going to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
- Alternative Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and set "Skipdraw" to 5. This causes character shadows (and some post processing effects) to disappear and triggers a texture popping issue on far away objects.
Software mode objects falling
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: In Software mode during intense fighting scenes, objects tend to fall through the level(eg. grabbing vehicles with the saucer, NPCs getting stuck in the ground). The player character can have this issue too, but very rarely. The issue might be connected to high CPU usage.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Renderer to any of the "(Hardware)" options. Or press the F9 key to temporarily switch to Hardware mode. Or just avoid too many enemies closing in at the same time.