Publisher(s): SCEI (JP), SCEA (US), SCEE (EU)
Genre: Action, RPG
Game review links: : 80/100
Game description: An ancient evil has been unleashed. This Dark Cloud rains destruction on what was once a peaceful and benevolent continent, bringing it to its knees in one fell swoop. Journey on a quest through time to unravel the mysterious tale of the Dark Cloud. Set in a vivid and inviting world, Dark Cloud delivers imaginative, vibrant, and detailed gameplay complemented by a strong character-driven storyline. A new feature, Georama, challenges you to build a customized world then interact with it in real time. As you build the world, life begins to flourish and unveils clues and pieces of the storyline as you progress through the adventure.
Dark Cloud is the prequel to Dark Cloud 2.
||0.9.7 (beta r3113)||GSdx (r3063)||
||• There is a shaking problem in game, but it can be fixed by choosing blend bff interlace mode in gsdx.
• You need a pretty fast cpu in order to run the game nicely without speedhack since speedhacks don't improve much for the game.
||0.9.9 (beta r5117)||GSdx (r5125)||
• Interlacing Mode: Bob tff The game is extremely GPU intensive, If having low FPS, try running in native resolution mode, scaling also creates tiling in the GUI and purple haze around GUI objects. Direct3D10 mode fixes some UI problems such as the map and the levels introduction text.
||1.1.0 (r5576)||GSdx SSE41 (r5570)||
||Runs above full speed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 (r5873)||GSdx 0.1.16 (r5875)||
||BIOS: v2.0, GSdx Render: Direct3D10 (Hardware), Game works well and is able to run at 60FPS at 1080P with hardware rendering. The purple haze around GUI and other icons is still present.||Zrooney|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 64-Bit||
||1.5.0 (20190906131249)||GSdx 1.1.0 SSE4.1||
||BIOS: USA v2.20, GSdx Render: Direct3D 11 (Hardware), Never played this on on real hardware, but it plays perfectly fine. Things look pretty blurry in motion, but I feel that's due to the increase in resolution (ran at 2560x1440).||Bevr|
||0.9.7 (beta r1736)||ZZogl 182||No Target Resolving should be on
- Original names: ダーククラウド (SCPS-15004) & (SCPS-19203) & (PAPX-90205)
Black lines around item boxes
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Black/Purple lines separate item boxes.
- Workaround: Go to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings, and set Texture Filterint to any option except "Bilinear (Forced)".
Memory card read failure
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Sometimes after loading a save state the game will no longer detect a memory card, switching or reloading memory cards does not solve the issue.
- Workaround: This only happens when using a Folder memory card. Copy the saves to a normal memory card and use that, convert the folder memory card to a standard memory card(go to Config -> Memory Card, click on the folder memory card, and then click on Convert), or avoid using save states while playing the game.