Developer(s): Reflections Interactive
Game review links: : 57/100
Game description: The Wheelman returns in his most dangerous adventure yet--an interactive driving epic on par with the most intense Hollywood action blockbusters. Undertake a wide variety of high-speed vehicle-based missions and go deeper undercover than ever before. The game features over 70 playable vehicles, including cars, bikes, artics, and busses, and eight different weapons, ranging from handguns and machine guns to grenade launchers. Driver 3 provides gamers with all new gameplay possibilities, replayability, and a whole new driving experience.
DRIV3R brings back features from Driver 2 and adds the ability to ride motorcycles and boats, use weapons, swim, climb ladders, and enter certain buildings among other things, controlling more than one character, as well as entering and exiting cars.
||1.1.0 (r5576)||GSdx SSE4 (r5570)||
||Too many to count. Completely screwed graphics in gsdx hardware mode. Looks better in software mode, but missing all sorts of detail (colors, texture detail, etc..). Able to see what is going on enough to be TECHNICALLY playable, but not playable on an enjoyable level.|
|?||Windows 10 Home Edition (x64)||
||v1.5.0 (dev-975)||GSdx Direct3D11 (Hardware)||?||DX11 (Hardware) runs smooth (stable 58-60FPS) but has a lot of graphic bugs. Software mode looks much better but has many bugs too. (nearly playable 40-60FPS).||scorpionking95|
|PAL||Windows 7 (x64)||
||v1.5.0 (dev-1218)||GSdx (Software)||Default||OpenGL(Hardware) looks decent except for the car texture, but runs very slowly(20fps). Direct3D (Hardware) modes run smoothly when CRC Hack Level is set to "Full (Safest)", but look horrible. Software mode runs quite smooth and looks good, with VU Cycle Stealing speedhack set to 2 even better, but still has dips in performance. You can't complete second mission because of a bug in the (police) AI.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 Pro x64 (build 19041)||
||v1.7.0 (dev-204 ga1bf67751)
|GSdx 1.2.0 AVX2
||OpenGL (Hardware) has really poor performance for some reason. (It utilizes 100% of the GPU right away and does not drop down from there). I had to switch to D3D11 (Hardware) to get normal performance on higher resolutions. OpenGL only managed to hit 60 FPS after setting it to Native resolution. AI is broken, causing you to get stuck in later missions and unable to proceed further into the game. An example of this is the police AI crashing into walls. (See Known Issues for further details).||Ryudo|
|Windows 8.1, x64||
||Europe v02.00(14/06/2004), Ingame, There were no graphical errors, but there was a very serious problem with a policeman that it is not possible to complete the second mission and with textures with cars in hardware mode.|
- Original names: ドライバー3 (SLPM-65741), 드라이버 3 (SLKA-25196)
- Also known as Driver 3
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: DX11 (Hardware) suffers from severe graphic bugs, causing artifacts over the entire screen.
- Workaround: fixed in emulator builds 1.7.0 dev1996, but there are graphical errors with the car and the text.
- Alternativy: If you want the car to look normal, use Software mode.
Buggy shadows in Software Mode
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Shadows are not properly "connected" to the models that cast them. An outline can be seen between the shadows and the models.
- Workaround: Enable Auto Flush in Software Mode settings.
AI doesn't behave as it should.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: The AI of the police acts crazy, crashing into cars and pedestrians and eventually crashing into a wall and will keep trying to drive through the wall, making it impossible to complete the second mission. This further extends to other missions where you're chasing AI cars, they all share the same broken behavior.
- Workaround: There is no known workaround.