Developer(s): Traveller's Tales
Publisher(s): Vivendi Universal Games
Genre: Action, Platformer
Game review links: : 64/100
Game description: A new evil has invaded Crash Bandicoot's island paradise with plans of destruction. In a strange twist, Crash reluctantly pairs with his archenemy, Dr. Neo Cortex, in order to save the world. Now, through this unorthodox partnership, you can take control of Crash as he uses Cortex as his favorite weapon. Play as any one of four characters as you encounter reactive enemies, wild environments, and a wacky cast of new characters.
Crash Bandicoot teams up with his nemesis, Dr. Neo Cortex, to defeat a new threat - the Evil Twins!
||1.0.0||GSdx Alpha hack||
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), Recommended,MTVU, GSdx Alpha hack, Working good, some shadow bug creates an annoying effect. Alpha hack fixes some other small issue, Shadow bugs, working fine in GSdx SW mode|
||1.0.0 (r5350)||GSdx r5350||
||BIOS: USA V1.60 (03/19/2002), Enable EE Timing, Skip MPEG, and OPH Flag hacks to make the game start up. The game has visual artifacts but some aren't too distracting., The game runs fairly slow (related to most other games) with dual core, and speed hacks MUST be deactivated during boss fights and Rooftop Rampage for the game to proceed. While usinf GSdx, setting skipdraw (in HW Hacks) to 3 and activating Alpha hack speeds up and fixes almost all graphical artifacts.||DarkenMoon97|
||1.1.0 r5576||GSdx 5570 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed., Some graphics corruption in gsdx hardware mode. Looks fine in software mode.|
||1.2.1 (r5875)||GSdx r5875||
||BIOS: USA V1.60 (03/19/2002), Enable Texture filtering and Skipdraw 3 to hide the garbled graphics. Disable speedhacks when playing as Nina or Cortex.||BetaM|
||1.2.1||GSdx (MSVC 18.00, AVX) 0.1.16||SPU2-X r5830 2.0.0||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), Texture filtering, Enable HW hacks, EE Cyclerate=2, VU Cycle Stealing=3, MTVU. Runs at 50-60 fps but sometimes drops to 40. Bugs: After the girl Cortex goes "It's easy!" Too easy." He runs off into the mouth of the statue and gets caught on the teeth (see attachment) You can just walk past and continue on the game normally.|
||1.5.0-20180127232611||GSdx (AVX2) 20180127232611
||SPU2-X 1.5.0-20180127232611||Runs at 50-60fps. Shadow bug still present, but is not so annoying as in stable(1.4.2) and of course not present at software mode.||Javnik|
|NTSC-U||Microsoft Windows 10 Home (build 17763), 64-bit||
||1.5.0-20190517234655||GSdx 20190517234655 (MSVC 19.00 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0
||Internal Resolution has to be set to native or there's a glitch for distant objects.
No noticable bugs. Plays fine, framerate is solid. Only tested the first level at the beach.
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 64-bit||
||Fully tested from start to finish at 4k 60fps using OpenGL and no speedhacks and runs really good and smooth. No issues.||Hemporus01|
- Original names: クラッシュ・バンディクー え〜っ クラッシュとコルテックスの野望? (SLPM-65801)
- Also known as Crash Bandicoot 5: Crash & Cortex no Yabou (JP), Crash Bandicoot 5: Eeee Crash to Cortex no Yabou?!?
Line appears where Level of Detail boundary is
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: A line is drawn at the normally invisible boundary where world elements pop in and out of the view. The game is normally supposed to draw a very soft and unnoticeable transparent layer to gently blur out distant world geometry. A previous bug fix prevents this effect from jamming up the screen with blocks of color, but still leaves behind the line on the boundary.
- Workaround: Patched in latest version, but otherwise can be rectified entirely by using Round Sprite: Half.
Messed up polygons on character models
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Every character model is partially garbled.
- Workaround: Fixed since the 1.5.X dev builds of PCSX2. For older versions: Switch GSdx to Software mode (press F9) to make the textures render normally.