Blood Will Tell
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 67/100
Game description: Blood Will Tell follows the adventures of Hyakkimaru, a samurai who embarks on a quest to uncover his past and regain his humanity. Robbed of his limbs and organs at birth, Hyakkimaru integrated weapons into his body. As Hyakkimaru, you can battle with various weapons such as blades embedded inside of his arms, a bazooka hidden inside of his leg, or weapons hidden in each level. Throughout the game, Hyakkimaru's friend, Dororo, guides you and fights alongside you. Only through cooperation, exploration, and violence will Hyakkimaru ever be able to live a normal life.
The game is based on the Japanese manga series Dororo, which was created by Tezuka Osamu. It concerns a hero named Hyakkimaru ("Little Monster"), who has had much of his body stolen by forty-eight fiends, and has prosthetic replacements. Along with his ally, the thief Dororo (comes from dorobou (どろぼう lit. thief), Hyakkimaru must defeat all forty-eight fiends. Both Hyakkimaru and Dororo are playable characters in the game.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx SSE4 (r4600)||
||Between 40 FPS & 60 FPS but mostly 55-60 FPS with Renderer set to "Direct3D9 (Software)". In-game issue with "Direct3D9 (Hardware)" (black and white box grid).||Bmwz4y|
||1.1.0 (r5576)||GSdx SSE41 (r5570)||
||Status goes from in-game to playable. Runs above full speed. Graphics are completely corrupt in GSdx Hardware Mode. Looks fine in Software Mode, with light occasional flickering of graphics.|
||1.1.0 (r5594)||GSDX AVX (r5580)||
||Post-processing failure at the beginning of the game, shadows don't show up. Fluid gameplay during Hardware Mode, with 3x upscale. 55-60 FPS. Software Mode is also OK.||Yuri|
- Original names: どろろ (SLPM-65526) & (SLPM-66207), 多羅羅 (SLAJ-25047), 도로로 (SLKA-25225)
- Also known as Blood Will Tell: Tezuka Osamu's Dororo (US, EU), Dororo (JP), Duo Luo Luo (AS)
Black screen during the Prologue
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: The screen is completely black in the prologue if renderer is set to Direct3D9 or 11 (Hardware).
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, switch Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" or any of the "(Software)" options.
Character shadows display error
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Character shadows are missing and only a rectangle border is visible around the characters (which should be invisible at normal conditions).
- Workaround: Switch to Software Mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. Fixed as of 1.4.0 Stable release
Grey subtitle fonts
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The subtitle fonts are grey colored, instead of white with a black outline.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and set Blending Unit Accuracy to at least "Medium". Alternatively switch to Software Mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.