Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Developer(s): Project Aces
Publisher(s): Namco (JP, US), SCEI (KO, AS), SCEE (EU), SCE Australia (AU)
Game review links: : 75/100
Game description: Ace Combat Zero's gameplay is split into a single-player campaign mode and a two-player versus mode. The mechanics themselves are a mix of features from Ace Combat 4 and 5.
The game takes place in 1995, 15 years before the events of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, revolving around the conflict between the nation of Belka and the Allied Forces - a coalition of military forces from the Osean Federation, the Union of Yuktobanian Republics, the Kingdom of Sapin and the Republic of Ustio, which was formerly part of Belka.
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64 bit SP1||
||0.9.9.r5277||GSDX 0.1.16||SPU2-X 2.0.0||Even when using the "Safest" preset and EmotionEngine and IOP set to "Interpreter", there is no collision detection whatsoever and thus the game cannot be properly played.||Explosivemuffin|
||1.0.0||GSDX 0.1.16 SSE41||SPU2-X 2.0.0||No collision detection even without any speedhacks, rendering the game unprogressable. Ground textures will flash garbage unless on software mode.||RandomGuy17|
||1.1.0 r5517||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||Runs near full speed., Picture has lines in it and texture graphics are corrupt in gsdx hardware mode. Looks fine in software mode.|
||1.2.0 r5919||GSdx 5912 SSE41||
||Runs near full speed., Same issues in hardware mode as before.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||Runs full speed (60fps) without any visible issues and with graphics and all the effects seemingly rendered as intended. View "Settings" for details.||Daemit|
||PCSX2 1.4.0-0-compiled on Jan 9 2016||GSdx 2.0.0 OpenGL||
||Severe terrain texture errors in distance on hardware mode. Playable but distracting. No such issues on software mode but game runs below 60 fps.||actioninja|
||BIOS: Europe 2.30, game runs extremely smoothly. No graphical or audio errors encountered.||Entheogen|
- Original names: エースコンバット・ゼロ ザ・ベルカン・ウォー (SLPS-25629) & (SLPS-73250)
- Also known as Ace Combat: The Belkan War (EU, AU)
Broken terrain textures
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: In Hardware mode mipmapping issues cause terrain textures to appear completely bugged.
- Workaround: This can be resolved with the latest v1.5.0 git builds. Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Mipmapping to "Basic".
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Major
- Description: No collisions, including no missile hits.
- Workaround: Fixed in v1.6.0. In older versions, start the game in Fast Boot mode instead of Full Boot.