Zatch Bell! Mamodo Fury
Developer(s): Mechanic Arms
Publisher(s): Bandai (JP), Namco Bandai Games (US)
Genre: Action, Fighting
Game review links: Metacritic: 40/100
Game description: Players join Zatch, Kiyo and other characters from the hit manga and TV series Zatch Bell! as they battle to become the mighty mamodo king. This time, up to four players can choose from more than 20 different playable teams. With three gameplay modes including Story Mode, VS mode and Arcade Mode, players can experience all the action in environments faithful to the TV series. All voice acting is even done by the U.S. TV show cast.
Test configurations on Windows:
||Windows 10 x64||
||When playing with lower-end computers, there are severe framerate drops when the player is hit by spells or spells with a high polygon count are used (runs fine on my current computer). Menus and cutscenes lag badly; none of the settings seem to aid this issue at all. The NTSC-J port often has lower framerates due to the comic book-style cutouts that appear on screen (A feature exclusive to the NTSC-J version). Hardware renderers can change the appearance of certain spells (namely Brago's), and these effects also vary between computers. VU Cycle Stealing causes choppy framerate but it does improve speed. Hardware renderers cause lines to appear in menu textures (mostly noticeable if you upscale). Despite some performance issues, the game runs near perfectly. No observable differences between PCSX2 revisions.||Hyde233|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64||
||Playing on a Low end Laptop.
• V.1.5 2174 • Menus and cut-scenes have better FPS when using Dx9 Software (I got it Capped at 52 FPs on menus and capped at 20 during animations). in fights Dx9 Hardware will help you to get 60 FPS and even if you got hit by spells or cast spells you will not notice any frame rate drops. •V.1.7 138 • Menus and cut-scenes have better FPS when using Dx11 Software (I got it Capped at 60 FPs on menus and capped at 40 during animations). In fights DX11 Hardware and Software can be use to get 60 FPS. You will not notice frame rate drops but Since menus and animations have better fps when GSxD software is in use. DX11 SOFTWARE is 100% better for this version in general and this build is even better than v1.5.
- Original names: 金色のガッシュベル!! 激闘!最強の魔物達 (SLPS-25440)
- Also known as Konjiki no Gashbell!! Gekitou! Saikyou no Mamonotachi (JP)
Menus and cut-scenes have constantly frame rate drops.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Menus and cut-scenes lag badly; none of the settings seem to aid this issue at all.
- Workaround: GSxD Software helps alot with menus, but it still lags horribly when cut-scenes are playing and it doesn't help at all during the fights specially if you don't have a high-end pc. F9 Switching from Software to Hardware helps bringing improvement to menus, cut-scenes and in the gameplay but it can turn to be annoying after a long time. Also you can see if v1.7 build helps you better in low end machine. V1.7 GSxD11 Software can handle the game without needing to press F9 after every match.