Genre: Action, Fighting
Game review links: : 60/100
Game description: In Urban Reign, players assume the role of a gritty street brawler who has been hired by one of the city's dominant gangs to protect its leader. Players are thrown into a full-blown turf war, involving gang corruption and street justice that spans from the neighborhood block all the way to the upper levels of city government. Urban Reign offers players non-stop, inner-city brawling action with no time restrictions or referees. Back alleys, junkyards and bars serve as battlegrounds for more than 60 different fighters, all of which boast their own unique set of fighting styles including boxing, wrestling and street fighting. Players can select from over 30 weapons - including bottles, bats and 2x4's - to be used in the destructible arenas to add to the mayhem. Focusing on the urban-brawler style of street fighting, players can team up with an AI-controlled character to pull off a host of devastating and destructive combo maneuvers against multiple enemies throughout the game's 100 missions. Urban Reign also supports multi-tap play for up to four players to determine who really rules the hood.
Urban Reign follows the exploits of "brawler-for-hire" Brad Hawk, who is hired to find a kidnapped gang member by the swordswoman Shun Ying Lee. Brad fights his way through the street gangs of Green Harbor, a fortified city in the U.S. As he does so to get some answers, the true machinations of the protagonists reveal themselves and things become more complicated.
||BIOS: USA 2.20, Last tested in PCSX2 0.9.6 with complains of extremely slow speeds (1FPS).||Machina|
||1.0 r5350||GSDx 5334||
||The game works at full speed with the new 1.0 version, but it has a issue where half of the screen is cut off if you use scaling, so you need to use native resolution or software mode. I've played until the 11th mission and so far no issues.||H3llRaiser|
||Europe v02.00(14/06/2004), EE/VU Rounding: None/None, 1 - EE's cyclerate by DEFULT, The game running fine without any significant problem., some gliches in hw mode when we win the fight there are some coloured square appers for a second but that is fixed in software mode.|
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Can appear black list in the screen in hardware mode,but in software mode its fine,perfect|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 64-BIT||
||1.6.0 (STABLE)||GSDX AVX2||
||It is possible to complete the game, so we can obviously say that it is playable. The game both works in software mode and hardware mode, but playing in software mode is better, because there will be no bars on the screen. This game requires a powerful computer, it is hard to reach full speed. While playing the game, the speedhacks were set to Preset Num 3 and the video plugin was set in software mode.||Nitro69|
- Original names: アーバンレイン (SLPS-25557), 어번 레인 (SCKA-20065)
Vertical lines on screen
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Vertical lines appear when using a hardware renderer and upscaling.
- Workaround: Enable Align Sprite, and make sure no other upscaling hacks are enabled. Or, keep internal resolution at native. Or, use a software renderer.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: The screen is shaking up and down on certain areas
- Workaround: PCSX2 1.6.0 build. Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks > EE Cyclerate to + 1 (130%). PCSX2 1.7.0+ build Go to Config > General Settings > Speedhacks > EE Cyclerate to + 1 (130%).
The screen cut off
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: The game works at full speed with the new 1.0 version, but it has a issue where half of the screen is cut off if you use scaling.
- Workaround: Not an issue as of at minimum 1.6.0, probably fine on older versions as well but untested. For older versions, you need to use native resolution or software mode (F9).