Soul Reaver 2
Developer(s): Crystal Dynamics
Publisher(s): Eidos Interactive (US, EU), Titus Software (JP)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 9/10, : 80/100
Game description: In this sequel to the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, reassume the role of Raziel, and travel back through the currents of time into various eras of Nosgoth's past in your relentless pursuit of Kain. With new Soul Rever weapon enhancements, physical abilities, and relics, you'll battle vampire hunters, Sarafan warrior-priests, and spectral spirits, and then devour their souls. Unearth the mysteries of Nosgoth's ancient races, and expose the schemes behind the corruption of the Pillars and the vampire genocide.
The game continues the adventures of the vampire-turned-wraith Raziel, the protagonist of Soul Reaver. Though Raziel initially seeks to exact revenge on Kain, his murderer and former master, this objective is superseded by a higher quest for knowledge. Traveling through history, he gradually exposes the truth behind his own past and destiny.
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), light game for any cpu/gpu., Can occur a imperceptible white glitch in the hair of main character,but in custom resolution the glitch is permanent,in software mode this not happen.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 r5873||GSdx 10 (Hardware)0.1.16 r5875||
||Game runs well at 6X native resolution, 60FPS in hardware mode. The main character as well as some in game objects have dithering issues when rendered in hardware mode, but disappear when the camera is close or in software mode. Bios v 2.0 was used.||Zrooney|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 64-Bit||
||1.6.0||GSdx 1.2.0 - SSE4 (DX11 HW @ 3x - 1080p)||
||Games Runs well, Can confirm disabling MTVU Speedhack fixed frozen cutscene bug (looses a small amount of performance however).||Xproflipscarab|
|PAL||Windows 10 64-Bit||
||1.6.0||GSdx 1.2.0 - AVX2,SSE2 & SSE4 (DX11 HW & OPENGL HW @ 3x/6x - 1080p/4k)||
||Games Runs very well @1080 & 4k, Strangely the audio bug can not be fixed no matter what I try, I don't know whether its due to my new CPU (See my last test) or the fact im now using PAL but it seems any big area causes the audio to break when shifting. NOTE: Windscreen patch seems to work perfectly fine||Xproflipscarab|
|PAL||Windows 10 64-Bit||
||1.7.0 [DEV-1546]||[Plugin Selection not present in 1.7.0 dev builds??] (DX11 HW @ 3x/6x - 1080p/4k)||
||Games Runs very well (Can hit Solid [email protected]), From what I've seen using the new 1.7 dev builds fixes the game breaking Audio bug so happy days, I get some unusual blurring and "vibrating" textures here and there (which also happened back on 1.6.0) that I can't seem to fix... Don't know how to properly describe the bug or what causes it so I won't put it into known issues. NOTE: Widescreen patch seems to work perfectly with the PAL version||Xproflipscarab|
- Original names: レガシー・オブ・ケイン ~ソウル・リーバー2~ (SLPS-25085), 소울리버 2 (SLPM-67516)
- Also known as Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: In Hardware mode mipmapping issues cause several wall and character textures to appear distorted from a certain distance.
- Workaround: This can be resolved with the latest v1.5.0 git builds. Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Mipmapping to "Basic".
Broken audio which leads to a freeze after any cutscene
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Transitioning from spectral realm to material realm can cause the audio to start glitching out at which point any cutscene will cause the game to freeze as reported here
- Workaround: Disabling Multi-Threaded microVU1 under speedhacks fixes the game freeze NOTE: Using a 1.7.0 Dev Build (Tested on DEV-1546) seems to fix this issue but due to the stable build still not fixed I'll Leave this as Active (See Xproflipscarab's last Tests)