Silent Hill 2
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Game review links: : 89/100, : 86/100
Game description: In the sequel to Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2 follows James Sunderland, whose life is shattered when his young wife Mary suffers a tragic death. Three years later, a mysterious letter arrives from Mary, beckoning him to return to their sanctuary of memories, the dark realm of Silent Hill. You must guide James through all-new environments and creepy new areas closed off in the original game. Real-time weather effects, fog, morphing, and shadows set the stage for heart-stopping frights. Be brave as you journey to uncover the truth.
||0.9.9 (r5128)||GSDx 0.1.16 (r5135)||
||BIOS: USA 1.60, FPS:~50-60, The use of dense fog in this game results in an uneven framerate (with frame skip disabled); Running fullscreen D3D10 mode, 2x native scaling with custom window size 1168x1022 on a 1080p TV. Dynamic vsync off. Interpolation #4, de-alias filter, Xaudio 2, latency 90ms, Timestretch w/ default settings. Disc is an ISO on HDD. Playing with Dualshock 3 using libUSB/sixaxis64. FMVs won't play normally with scaled resolution and HW rendering. In other words, hit F9 when movies start :). Sound is a little wobbly in FMVs in software mode, but not unlistenable.||Quaestor|
||1.0 (r5350)||GSDx (r5334)||
||BIOS: USA 2.20, Works at full speed and with good scaling, but it has a issue with FMV videos, there is two ways to fix this, first, use native resolution, second, if you want to use scaling, when the FMVs starts change to software mode.||H3llRaiser|
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed. Videos flickering in hardware mode, software is OK.|
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), Playable. Game works fine at a good speed, videos display incorrectly if you use hardware scaling, look fine in Native resolution or software mode. In the pause menu the preview of where you are in the top left goes pink if you change screen within there and god back. Videos display incorrectly if you use hardware scaling.|
||1.3.0 (Git 2014/06/07)||GSdx 0.1.16 SSE41||
||USA v02.00(14/06/2004), Defaults + MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1), Work fine at 50 FPS in Hardware mode with a few slowdowns (30-35 FPS) at some screens.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 64-bit||
||Completed the greatest hits edition with a few minor issues. Originally started playing on the 1.5.0 git, however reverted to the 1.4.0 stable build because of missing HUD elements in the "memo" menu. Using speedhacks will break cutscenes when transitioning into software mode for FMV sections. Use Bilinear (PS2) texture filtering for accurate HUD elements.||CorruptEagle|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64 build 1709||
||PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032||GSdx 1.0.0 SSE4||SPU2-X 2.0.0||Used Hack to transition renderer to Software Mode when playing FMVs. See Known Bugs below for more info. Beware that this mode hammers the CPU, so if you don't really care about in-game videos, don't bother. Plays fine, but in FMVs speed drops to high-40s. Used 2x Native Resolution in DX11 Hardware Mode, small stutters happen, unrelated to my hardware.||Clorophilla|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)||
||1.5.0 (dev-655 g0de8f4a)
||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||BIOS: USA 2.30, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1866 G.SKILL, FPS: 60/60. FMVs are bugged in this game in Hardware Mode. See Known Issues on how to fix that. Other than that the game runs great.||Ryudo|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 64-bit||
||1.5.0 dev-1913||GSdx 1.1.0
||Playing the Original Release version. Runs constant at 60 fps without any speedhacks during gameplay, turned off automatic game fixes as the unscale point line fixes the FMV issue in OpenGL HW mode and no longer needs to switch to SW. During cutscenes, there is an occasional stutter at the beginning.||Arch4|
|NTSC-U||Linux 3.13 (Ubuntu 14.04)||
||1.3.0 (r0)||libGSdx 0.1.16||libSPU2-X 2.0.0||Make sure to enable the special fix for FMV, otherwise works ok. Tested with default settings and with custom resolution for OpenGL HW mode, running fine everywhere.||gAdrev|
|PAL||Linux 4.8 (Debian)||
||1.4.0-0||libGSdx 1.0.0||libSPU2-X 2.0.0||Running fine with the software FMV and hardware OpenGL. SDL sound was buggy but portaudio works fine.||MrDetonia|
- Original names: サイレントヒル2 (SLPM-65051), サイレントヒル2 最期の詩 マリア編シナリオ追加バージョン (SLPM-65098) & (SLPM-65341) & (SLPM-65631), 사일런트 힐 2 (SLKA-25001)
- Also known as Silent Hill 2: Saigo no Uta (JP), Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut
Grid obscures FMV's
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: A grid appears over videos, obscuring and darkening the image when the resolution is set to anything higher than native.
- Workaround: As of recent v1.5.0 git builds, this is resolved by default as long as "Automatic Gamefixes" is enabled. To enable the fix manually go to Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes tab, click "enable manual game fixes" and enable the "Switch to GSdx Software rendering when an FMV plays" fix. Alternatively go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, make sure Renderer is set to "OpenGL (Hardware), click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks, and enable the Unscale Point Line hack.
Wrong snapshot height
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Affected Game Versions: NTSC
- Description: When taking snapshots in PCSX2 using the F8 key, the image height is cut in half, resulting in distorted images.
- Workaround: There's no known solution. Use the printscreen key or use third party screenshots software.