Silent Hill: Origins
Developer(s): Climax Group
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Game review links: : 8/10, : 70/100, : 7/10, : 6/10
Game description: The renowned Silent Hill survival horror series is back with a brand new adventure that reveals many of the series' most hallowed secrets. Assuming the role of Travis Grady, a lone truck driver trapped in Silent Hill while making a routine delivery, players must escape the city's horrific inhabitants and confront the strange hallucinations that have haunted Travis since childhood.
||0.9.7 r1886||GSdx 1873||
||BIOS: USA 1.6, HACKS: none, Hangs on loading screen, all PCSX2 versions affected. Patch exists to bypass that, but breaks other parts of the game.||126.96.36.199|
||0.9.7 r3878||GSdx 3693||
||BIOS: USA 1.6, HACKS: AlphaHack, Finally the game is somewhat playable it depends on you since it runs at full speed in software with that hack(activable by gsdx ini) but only with flashlight off.||188.8.131.52|
||0.9.9 r5325||GSdx 5336||
||BIOS: USA 02.00, A hundred percent playable game with Preset on 2 (Safer +) and "Allow 8-bit textures" ENABLED.||Flaviofearn|
||1.0.0 and PCSX2 1.1.0r5617||GSDX||
||Ingame at full speed, The flashlight is absolutely broken (screen mostly black; colored stripes where the light is supposed to be; view the attachement) which renders the game pretty much unplayable since it is in use almost all the time.|
||1.1.0 r5492||GSdx 5464 SSE41 [09 12 2012]||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.3.0 Git 2014/06/14||GSdx 0.1.16 SSE41||
||USA v02.00(14/06/2004), Defaults + MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1), Game works at full speed (60 fps) in Gsdx hardware mode., Status|
||1.3 Git 28 of May||GSDX||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Patch Used before test,Game its Okey.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Enterprise||
||1.3.0 (GIT Compiled 7/20/14)||GSdx 0.1.16 (GIT Compiled 7/20/14) (MSVC 18.00m SSE2)||
||BIOS: USA 02.30, FPS: 59-60. Works almost 100% in any software mode with full FPS. Does work in hardware mode, but as soon as you come to the hospital (the first real dark room), the flashlight produces graphical glitches and is unplayable. The game runs at full speed with DX11 + 4x native + Shade Boost + FXAA + Texture Filtering (filled checkbox) + MSAA x8 + Anisotropic x16.||Messiahgov|
||1.5.0 Dev-3311||GSdx 1.1.0 SSE4.1
||BIOS: USA v02.30(02/20/2008), Game works at full speed (60 FPS) in both software and hardware modes. Gameplay results were mostly same as previous user with the exception of the graphical glitches related to the flashlight, which only occurs in hardware mode. There is in fact a reasonable fix for this issue to make the game playable in hardware mode. Although the flashlight affect will still not render 100% perfectly (it only displays the top half of the illuminated circle), this does eliminate the graphical glitches. The fix is under the Video(GS) plugin settings, make sure to set the Renderer to either OpenGL or Direct3D11 in Hardware mode. Then check the "Enable HW Hacks" box. In that sub menu, make sure to check the "Fast Texture Invalidation" option. This setting fixes the glitches, so leave this enabled when playing in hardware mode.||DeusDisciple|
||Nightly - v1.7.2065||GSdx||
||Game works fine without any graphics glitches. Bugs: Game used to have a bug with flashlight but now it's fixed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 8.1, x64||
||Nightliy - v1.7.2083
||Europe v02.00(14/06/2004), Playable, Over the years, the game has had big problems with the flashlight, and now they are fixed. The game runs at 1440p (2K) 60 FPS, no freezes, bugs and brakes.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 Home x64||
||2 setups included because I briefly tried to run the game on my laptop (8th gen i5, MX250) in the sanatorium: some areas were very laggy (around 1/2 speed) even with all speedhacks turned on, and the game wasn't really playable. However, this wasn't a surprise, as that was mostly just to test whether I could get PCSX2 to run on my laptop. On desktop (3rd gen i5, GTX 670), the game ran well above full speed at all times, and with a patch (available from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TVacjLmN3I (in description)), I was able to get a pretty consistent 60fps, with drops to the native 30fps in some areas, most notably the theatre. However, I wouldn't suggest you use this patch as it seems to cause some of the loading screens to hang; this happened to me when leaving the theatre and when leaving the hospital after the motel. This also seemed to cause the map not to load one time, softlocking the game. Shadows look pixelated and sometimes flicker, but I'm not sure if this is a PCSX2 bug or just a consequence of upscaling. There are no problems with the flashlight. Fully playable.||PandoraGTX|
||SVN R5381||ZZ OGL PG 0.4||
- Original names: 사일런트 힐 오리진 (SLKA-25422)
Hangs on loading screens
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: The loading screens when leaving the theatre and leaving the hospital after the motel hang and eventually cause PCSX2 to crash, making progress impossible. I was able to fix this by disabling cheats, but other users have reported this being an issue with savestates.
- Workaround: Disable cheats/patches, or load your save file from the ingame menus.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Shadows look pixelated, especially when upscaling, and some shadows flicker.
- Workaround: Unknown; this may be a native PS2 bug.
Flashlight graphical glitches
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: As soon as you come to the hospital (the first real dark room), the flashlight, instead of doing its intended job of showing light, instead produces graphical glitches and the game is rendered unplayable. This issue only applies in the two hardware rendering modes, the flashlight affect works as normal in either software rendering mode.
- Workaround: Enter the Video(GS) Plugin settings and set Renderer to either OpenGL or Direct3D11 Hardware modes. Then Enable HW Hacks and check the "Fast Texture Invalidation" option under that menu. This fixes the problems with the graphical glitches, however the flashlight only renders the top half of the normal illuminated circle. It is however a much better alternative to playing the entire game in software mode. Seem to be fixed in latest dev builds
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: As soon as you enter the second room in the burning house, audio cuts off after a while and only resumes playing after you re-enter the room. killing the whole atmosphere. (might be existing in the game itself, needs to be tested.)
- Workaround: Fixed in emulator version 1.7.0.