Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Developer(s): Ubisoft Montpellier
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 82/100
Game description: Play as man or beast in Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie. You can be King Kong or Jack Driscoll as you follow a story based on the movie. Peter Jackson, the director of the 2005 movie, also took an active role in developing the game, which expands upon the movie's storyline, adding new creatures and locations. The game employs a cinematic style that makes the game more immersive and less like a traditional video game.
||BIOS: USA v2.00, The PAL version was last tested in PCSX2 0.9.4 where the game froze at menus with unreadable text. Unknown status with 0.9.8 or newer.||Machina|
||BIOS: USA v2.00, The NTSC-U version was last tested in PCSX2 0.9.6 with complaints of very slow gameplay (1FPS). Unknown status with 0.9.8 or newer.||Machina|
||1.1.0 r5800||GSdx r5800 SSSE3||
||Game seems to be playable although a little slow with EE touching 100% regularly., Seems to suffer from massive memory leak at the start.|
||1.3 5932 .svn and Git 29 of April||GSDX||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Just a little slow in the begin.|
||Every in-game cutscene needs to be rendered in software mode or else the game will freeze due to serious memory leaks. The game itself runs perfectly aside from these issues, though.||RedCyanideBlue|
- Original names: ピータージャクソン キング・コング オフィシャル ゲーム オブ ザ ムービー (SLPM-66211), 피터잭슨의 킹콩 (SLKA-25337)
- Also known as Peter Jackson's King Kong
Every Cutscene's Ending Will Freeze the Game in Hardware Mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: When hardware mode is enabled, every cutscene will cause a massive memory leak at the end of them which will freeze the game until PCSX2 is restarted.
Workaround=At the beginning of every cutscene, press F9 to toggle software mode on. Once the cutscene is over, you can press F9 again to go back to hardware mode. You can see if you are currently on software mode by going to Config => Video (GS) => Plugin Settings => Renderer.
Beginning Cutscenes are Glitched
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: When starting up the game, the Loading screen text will be faded out and lined through. The Universal animation globe will also stop spinning and animation will be frozen until the next cutscene plays.
- Workaround: None. The cutscenes can't be skipped.