Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Publisher(s): Tecmo (JP, US), Ubisoft (EU, AU), SCEA (US)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Game review links: : 81/100
Game description: Terror returns with Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, the sequel to the highly popular survival horror title, Fatal Frame. This time the terrifying journey takes you to a whole new creepy setting, an abandoned village, where you play the role of Mio Amakura, a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense and her twin sister Mayu, who notices a crimson butterfly faintly glowing in the sky. Your only weapon, an antique camera, has received a variety of new features to kill ghosts. Get lost in another horrifying tale.
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, known in Europe as Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly and in Japan as Zero ~Akai Chō~ (零 ～紅い蝶～, lit. "Zero ~Crimson Butterfly~"), is a 2003 Japanese horror action-adventure video game and is the second installment in the Fatal Frame series. Unlike in other installments in the series, the Camera Obscura's attack power is based on the player's proximity to the target ghost.
||0.9.7 (r3113)||GSdx SSE2||
||FPS: 40-60, Plays perfect! Pcsx2 and Gsdx = all options default||Nueziel|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 x64||
||BIOS: USA v2.00, 60 FPS constant with Direct3D11 Hardware Mode at 4x Native and allow 8-bit textures. The Camera Obscura works perfectly.||Usrnme1|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64||
||1.5.0 (dev-2285)||GSdx SSE2 1.1.0||
||USA v1.60(07/02/2002), The game runs very well, both in Hardware and Software Mode, i've seen one minor graphical glitch during a cutscene while in SWM but it looked like it was a game glitch, plays perfectly and it looks amazing while playing in 1080p!||Falco1211|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 Pro||
||BIOS: USA 2.0, 2 hours of play, game looks perfect - no graphical issues so far.||NullNOVA|
||1.5.0 (2016-03-04)||GSdx AVX2 1.0.0||
||Working great under OpenGL, with modest-high GPU settings.||nichdel|
- Original names: 零〜紅い蝶〜 (SLPS-25303) & (SLPS-73201) & (SLPS-73256), 제로 ~붉은 나비~ (SCKA-20023)
- Also known as Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly (AU, EU), Zero: Akai Chou (JP)
- Widescreen patch included with PCSX2. Go to the System tab and click "Enable Widescreen Patches".
Speech sometimes too fast
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Speech from characters is too fast or stutters at some locations.
- Workaround: Use this SPU2-X plugin. g551847411 is the last version of pcsx2 that supports this version of SPU2-X. Alternatively use PCSX2 v1.0.0 or earlier to play the game.
Cannot re-enter Lattice Room
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: This is a bug in the game itself, but it deserves to be mentioned. In Chapter 4 there is a locked room called the Lattice Room that requires two bodies to open. After leaving this room through the previously locked doors it cannot be entered again. If the key item(required to progress further in the game) in this room is not picked up, it will not be possible to advance in the game and a previous save will have to be loaded.
MTVU Destroys ingame Textures
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: If the MTVU Speedhack is enabled while mVU is enabled all Textures in the game will cease to render (This is generally inconsistent and may not happen to you though it's more prone on this game)
- Workaround: Disable mVU or MTVU while playing the game , Use version 1.7.0 dev 797 or later