FIFA World Cup: Germany 2006
Developer(s): EA Canada
Publisher(s): Electronic Arts
Game review links: : 77/100
Game description: 2006 FIFA World Cup features 12 official stadiums used at 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany and stadiums from each qualifying region. Gamers can play as their favorite team from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the tournament in Germany. With enhanced player animations, EA SPORTS has emulated close to 100 of the world's superstars, capturing their playing styles and individual likenesses. In addition to enabling gamers to participate in the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany by taking control of one of 127 national teams, the game features new compelling modes of play, including the groundbreaking Global Challenge that tests even the most hardcore soccer fan by recreating classic moments in FIFA World Cup history. Furthermore, the game supports up to eight-way multiplayer matches and features a plethora of in-game unlockable content such as legendary players and exclusive apparel.
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), In Hardware mode appear Glitchs and ghosts in the t shirts of all characters many times. Software mode is fine.|
- Original names: 2006 FIFA ワールドカップ ドイツ大会 (SLPM-66386), 2006 FIFA World Cup (SLES-54061), FIFA Fotbolls-VM 2006 (SLES-54064)
- Also known as 2006 FIFA 월드컵 (KO)
- Access the Progressive Scan menu by holding the cross and triangle keys together when the game boots up.
Broken character textures
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Characters uniforms appear distorted from a certain distance.
- Workaround: This can be resolved in recent v1.5.0 git builds. Please report the region of the game and the games CRC code[8-digit hexadecimal code between brackets in the PCSX2 log window title bar] on the Discussion page or in a test report so this can be automatically resolved in the future. To manually enable the fix, go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Mipmapping to "Basic". For older versions set Renderer to Software modes by selecting one of the "(Software)" options and check that Mipmapping is enabled. Fine in 1.7
FIFA World Cup: Germany 2006 (SLUS 21408)