FIFA Soccer 09
Developer(s): EA Canada
Publisher(s): EA Sports
Game review links: : 82/100
Game description: With 500 new animation sequences and all-new collision and shielding systems - representing the biggest innovations to the game engine in four years - FIFA 09 delivers more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action. A new collision detection system with 360 degree coverage and hundreds of new collision animations enable players to behave according to their physical attributes. Player speed, direction and strength now determine everything from the severity of the collision to the outcome of possession. Plus, contact occurs with shoulders, arms and legs. Stronger players possess the strength to knock down smaller players or use their body or arms to win challenges. Player strength and momentum also determine outcomes in challenges through the new shielding system, with dozens of new outcomes created. Plus, players can now shield the ball by pushing off the defender to create space - at the risk of being called for a foul - just like real life. The increased control shielding the ball adds another strategic element to matches, enabling you to slow the game's pace as needed.
||0.9.9 r4878||GSDX r4873||
||BIOS: USA v2.00, Even with the known issues below it's considered playable., 60/60FPS in GSdx with skipdraw=1, 40-60FPS with software mode (F9).||Machina|
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Gliths in the characters depends of the angles in hardware mode,software mode its fine.|
- Original names: FIFA 09 ワールドクラス サッカー (SLPM-55134)
- Also known as FIFA 09 (EU), FIFA 09: World Class Soccer (JP)
- Access the Progressive Scan menu by holding the cross and triangle keys together when the game boots up.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: 3d graphics show with vertical stripes.
- Workaround: Skipdraw=1 in GSdx removes the stripes but leaves the following known issue. GSdx software mode (F9) fix it too but it's slow.
Broken 3d Graphics
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Faces and even the ground are pretty broken.
- Workaround: Only GSdx software mode (F9) fix it but it's slow.
FIFA Soccer 09 (SLUS 21776)