Dawn of Mana
Developer(s): Square Enix
Publisher(s): Square Enix
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 6.5/10, : 57/100
Game description: Dawn of Mana, the first true Mana sequel in a decade, reveals the origins of the legend behind the Mana Tree and the Sword of Mana. Breaking the series' 2D mould, Dawn of Mana brings the world of Mana to three-dimensional life while preserving the atmosphere that fans have come to know and love. Players can see for themselves how vividly characters and monsters move about these new yet familiar surroundings. This instalment of the Mana is a true action-adventure, with sweeping plains and mountains stretching as far as the eye can see. It's a world ripe for adventure! A World of Sensation: "Touch" is the theme of Dawn of Mana's world. You can virtually feel realistically rendered, lifelike objects.
Set in a high fantasy universe, the game follows Keldric and his companions as they try to prevent the dark energy from the land of Mavolia from escaping and corrupting the world.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx 0.1.16 (r4600)||
||1.1.0 (svn r5452)||GSdx SSE4 (r5442)||
||Runs above full speed.|
||v1.5.0 (21/04/2016)||GSdx 1.0.0 SSE4||
||Still running nicely and looking very good.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 Pro (x64)||
||v1.7.0 (dev-482)||GSdx 1.2.0 AVX2 (OpenGL Hardware)||
||The old mVU issue has been fixed, game is running at stable 60 FPS now.||Ryudo|
- Original names: 聖剣伝説4 (SLPM-66576), 성검전설 4 (SCKA-20101)
- Also known as Seiken Densetsu 4 (JP, KO)
microVU1 cache limit (Causes performance drops)
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: There's an issue with this game regarding microVU1 where it reaches its cache limit. When this does happen, the game suffers from performance drops.
- Workaround: This has been fixed in v1.7.0 (dev-482). For older versions (Only up to v1.7.0 dev-54): Go to Config > Emulation Settings > VUs > Under VU1, choose SuperVU Recompiler.
- Note: The reason the old workaround only works up to v1.7.0 (dev-54) is because SuperVU was completely removed in v1.7.0 (dev-55). It's recommended to just update your PCSX2 to the latest version however, as it's completely fixed in there.