Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Publisher(s): Konami (US, JP, EU), SCEA (US)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: Metacritic: 79/100
Game description: Castlevania makes its debut on the PS2 featuring an enchanting storyline and intricate gameplay. In Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, you play as Leon Belmont, a man skilled in combat, as he struggles to free his betrothed, Sara, from huge monsters. Use combos and special moves on your perilous journey to the evil castle. Immerse yourself in the enhanced graphics and mesmerizing orchestral soundtrack. Discover the true origins of Dracula and the Belmont family in this exciting first episode of the saga.
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, released as Castlevania (キャッスルヴァニア, Kyassuruvania) in Japan, Europe, and Australia, is an action-adventure video game developed by Konami. Belonging to Konami's Castlevania video game series, it is the first installment of the series on the PlayStation 2 and the third to make use of a 3D style of gameplay.
Lament of Innocence takes place in the fictional universe of the Castlevania series. Set in 1094, it focuses on the origins of the series' premise—the eternal conflict between the vampire hunters of the Belmont clan and the immortal vampire Dracula. Lament of Innocence follows Leon Belmont as he searches a vampire's castle in search of his kidnapped betrothed.
Test configurations on Windows:
||FPS: 40-60, There are minor problems ingame, see below for the issues and the fixes.||Nueziel|
||BIOS: USA v2.00, HACKS: speedhacks: INTC Spin, Wait Loop, mVU Flag||Machina|
||1.1.0 r5452||GSdx 5442 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.1.0 r5628||GSdx 5632 SSE41||
||Still playable... doesn't need patch anymore., Status|
|NTSC-U||Windows 8.1 Pro||
||1.2.1 r529||GSdx SSE2 r529||
||• Enabling 8-Bit Textures offers a small speed up
• Texture Filtering improves font text on anything higher than native resolution I got around 55-60FPS depending on the scenario. The only issue I came across was missing character shadows and minor texture flickering in at least 2 spots(outside shop window, one spot in castle). Everything else seems fine. Not sure if it freezes still as I haven't got that far.
||Renderer: OpenGL, CRC Hack level "Partial", Game Fixes "EE time hack" seems to solves frame dips and slowdowns, MTVU, VUs-> clamping mode "none"||felm|
|PAL||Windows 7 Professional x64||
||1.5.0-dev2448-gd09737dbb||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2||
||Frame rate drops for few seconds after entering Save Room.||HimaOuji|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 Pro||
||1.6.0-20200506140834||GSdx 1.2.0 AVX2||
||Played with no issues, full speed, at 1440p on Safe(Default) preset. The framepacing can become a little erratic after dropping frames for whatever reason (creating a savestate, pausing the emulation, etc.) causing microstutters when the camera pans following the character, turning on vsync fixes it.||NxP3|
||ZZogl 182||Linux have so many issues, so it's almost unplayable. Some fonts become boxes, shadows are awesome.||220.127.116.11|
|NTSC-U||Debian 12 (Bookworm)||
||1.7.0 dev 4462||Vulkan||
||No issues at 6x IR, solid 60FPS. The only tweaks I made were to disable Bilinear Filtering so the sprites and text in the menus looked crisp, and more importantly, to enable VSync as there were horrible framepacing issues without it.||Blaziken|
- Original names: キャッスルヴァニア (SLPM-65444), 캐슬바니아 (SLKA-25082)
- Also known as Castlevania (EU)
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Before fighting doppleganger, the cutscene will freeze.
- Workaround: Fixed as of 1.6.0. For older versions go to Config > Emulation Settings > EE/IOP tab, and set the Clamping Mode to None.
Shadows are missing in Hardware mode
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Shadows are missing in Hardware mode.
- Workaround: This has been fixed in recent PCSX2 v1.5.0 development builds. For older versions set Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options to avoid the issue.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: The garbaged textures appear when you scroll your inventory. Shows even in Software mode.
- Workaround: Has been fixed as of at least PCSX2 v.0.9.8.
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Some sprites will display incorrectly, such as the pink blocking effect and the text displayed upon entering a new area.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and check if the Renderer is set to "Direct3D9 (Hardware)". If so the issue can be fixed by disabling the Alpha Correction option. The issue can also be resolved by changing the Renderer to "Direct3D11 (Hardware)" or "OpenGL (Hardware)".
- Games rated C in Japan
- Games rated M in North America
- Games rated 12+ in Europe
- Games rated 18 in Korea
- Games with widescreen support
- Games with English language
- Games with Japanese language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Spanish language
- Games with Italian language
- Games with Korean language
- Playable games
- Games by Konami