Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Developer(s): Snowblind Studios
Publisher(s): Vivendi Universal Games (US), Virgin Interactive (EU), Pacific Century Cyber Works (JP)
Genre: Action, RPG
Game review links: : 87/100
Game description: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is an action RPG with an epic tale of intrigue, explosive spell effects, and highly detailed creatures and environments. You play a one of three customizable characters, who returns to Baldur's Gate and joins the fight against the darkness that threatens its peace. Take on the monsters solo or with a friend in co-op mode. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is the first game to feature the real time application of the Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition rules.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is the prequel to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II.
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE4 (r5464)||
||Status goes from in-game to playable. Runs at a decent speed. You must use a GSdx software renderer and the 4GB patch must be used or game will crash.|
||1.1.0 (r5732)||GSdx AVX (r5732)||
||FPS 30-50. With build r5732, Baldur's Gate is playing videos in software mode well. You can go in-game and play, but sometimes it freezes to the point that it hangs PCSX2. Heavy graphical glitches with black blocks flickering around.||Xeo|
||Can confirm that it works, however experiencing some slowdowns in certain areas where the framerate randomly drops down to 15 - 25 before jumping back up to 60FPS. What causes this appears to be the flames effects in the game (wherever you find torches, fireplaces).|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Pro x64 (SP1)||
||v1.5.0 (git 20-07-2016)||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX||
||Played for one hour. Runs at full speed in the OpenGL hardware renderer (2x native IR) with the new "Fast Texture Invalidation" hardware hack enabled (average GS load is 50-70%). Occasional frame rate jitter that is largely eliminated by using native IR.||Flang|
||v1.5.0 (dev-2382 gc4068e518)||GSdx SSE4/AVX
||Constant 60 FPS with OpenGL @ 4x Native Res, if selecting "Allow 8-Bit Textures" & active HW Hack "Fast Texture Invalidation". US-Version + US Bios v2.3 (Pcsx2 Default-Preset #2)||Nebujin|
||v1.5.0 (dev-2388 g48ebfea17)||GSdx||
||MUST HAVE 4GB PATCH!!!!! Extremely playable. Nearly perfect 60FPS. Settings: SSE4 GSDx, OpenGL (Hardware), Blend tff (slight blur, 1/2fps), bilinear (PS2), ENABLE: Allow 8 bit textures, HW Hacks, 3x native (4x runs out of memory and gets unstable), Blending unit accuracy is HIGH. Only issue is a slight stutter around fires.The plugin settings window must be set to BALANCED(3) Anything more causes the screen to "tear" on the charectors and artifacts through levels. (latest github as of 5/23/18)||CorruptSS|
- Original names: バルダーズゲート・ダークアライアンス (SLPS-25140) & (SLPS-25139) & (SLPS-25291)
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Pre-rendered videos (such as the opening logos) are corrupted in hardware mode (PCSX2 1.5.0-20160720115610).
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes tab, click "Enable manual game fixes", and check "Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV plays." However, PCSX2 seems to have trouble detecting when an FMV has stopped playing in this game, so it will likely stay in software mode even during gameplay.
Visible lines when upscaling
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Vertical and horizontal lines appear in menus and text boxes when using 2x or higher internal resolution.
- Workaround: There is no known correct solution, setting the Round Sprite HW hack to "Half" fixes most of it, but it massively reduces the quality of the text/sprites. Use native resolution or switch to software mode.