Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
||BIOS: USA v02.00, There is a graphical glitch, invisible beams, in hardware mode. These problems still exist in r5492. Varying speeds, down to 30FPS in boss battles. Software mode (F9) in older GSdx revisions (r3693) can actually be faster. Native resolution in hardware mode is the key. In smaller areas 2-3 enemies its fine with 3x upscale, but other than that, it will be painfully slow.||Machina|
||BIOS: EUv2.20, The game is VERY GPU heavy if you upscale above the native resolution. Performance varies between gameplay and cutscenes due to the heavy use of effects if you upscale to a high Resolution (like 6xNative). Settings that affect performance using OGL HW are: Internal Resolution , 8-Bit Textures , Blending Unit Accuracy , FXAA so play around until it runs at a stable Framerate. The issue with light sources seen through solid objects is fixed by using OGL HW with Hardware Depth enabled.|
||1.5.0-dev-2382 (May 21. 2018)||GSdx32 SSE4.1/AVX
||Constant 60 FPS in entire Game aswell as Boss-Battles with Direct3D 11 @ 4x native Res & 16x AF & 4x AA, no HW Hacks. US-Version + US Bios v2.3 (Pcsx2 Default-Preset #2)||Nebujin|
||1.5.0-dev-2639||GSDX OpenGL||SPU2-X 2.0.0||Plays well at 5x resolution with little slowdown. The first few levels haven't shown any major issues that I can tell.||Durandal|
- Original names: アヌビス ゾーン オブ エンダーズ (SLPM-65236) & (SLPM-65500), 존 오브 엔더즈: 세컨드 런너 (SLKA-25066)
- Also known as Anubis: Zone of the Enders Special Edition (JP), Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Special Edition (EU), Anubis: Zone of the Enders (JP)
Lights seen through walls
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Happens in hardware mode, you can see enemy lights or just any lights through solid objects.
- Workaround: Use software mode or OGL HW with Hardware Depth enabled. .If you come across any missing effects/shadows set Blending Unit Accuracy at high.
Note: Keep in mind that the game is VERY heavy when changing Internal Resolution & OGL has worse performance for AMD GPU users. It runs a lot faster on NVIDIA cards because OGL is just better supported there for the time being.
Ram and Vram Spikes
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: Can use a ton of RAM and VRam resources.
Out of memory comes up also when you use save states somewhat frequently (DX11 mode). Corrupts your current savestate file. Previous state can be restore from backup. Also PCSX2 needs to be restarted before you can use states again.
- Workaround: Allow 8-bit textures in GSdx hardware mode can help, unavoidable in DX9 hardware modes (shows "Out of memory" error after a bit).