Alright, design is somehow stolen from this main page http://kodi.wiki
- Images are horrible placeholeders, well designed icons should be on their place.
- Screenshots are to fill that space, probably the whole section of small links should be erased
What are your guys opinion on this idea for our main page?
Damn, that's not too bad.
- I like this attempt better than the previous one (except for the twitter part, I'm far from being a fan of these :)). I do not think though that the table at the bottom suits the overall simple text theme (although it may fit in the final design). Lets improve it a bit and use it finally, I'm pretty tired of the old page.
- I'm a week and a half away from home, with a very bad internet so I can only watch until I get home. --Ngng (talk) 09:03, 30 April 2015 (BST)
- Thanks for your feedback guys.
- Dan, if you are talking about the fonts itself, yes, I agree they doesn't look too good, I'm gonna have to make a bit of research on that.
- Ngng, Do you want the Twitter link to be removed? we can take it out and/or replace it with another one, probably a link to the forum is more appropiate. In any case I'm gonna improve it the best I can so when you get back home you can review the code and experiment with it.
- DoctorMuerte (talk) 11:25, 30 April 2015 (BST)
- I'm gonna chage it to a link to the forums then, as for the Buid bot link, yeah, I will change it to developer builds.
- Honestly, I have no idea what a build bot is anyway, I tought it was the appropiate way to name it
- DoctorMuerte (talk) 11:45, 30 April 2015 (BST)
- Haha yeah. It's a bot that compiles builds automatically... hence the name Build Bot for the website :P Of course a new user will just be like "Oh what, we have a robot?! WHAT DOES IT DO? @[email protected]" That's why I figure the label 'Developer Builds' would be more appropriate and easier to understand for newer users. And good idea about the Forum link! That's way better than a Twitter link lol. -- Ryudo (talk) 12:32, 30 April 2015 (BST)
I hate drawing. Anyway, a new icon for the forum link was uploaded I've got the svg file in case anybody wanna modify it, but im pretty sure its faster to do it from scratch. Anyway, do you guys think the links to "Browse broken games", "browse playable games", etc. can be deleted? I guess people just use the search funcion to find a game instead of browsing it.
Maybe we can change those links with links to guides, or to the comunity portal of this wiki. Maybe the Getting started can be made on a new article. I don't know, any ideas? DoctorMuerte (talk) 23:43, 30 April 2015 (BST)
- It's looking great. Some things I've noticed so far:
- Game Compatibility section is really out of place. There is a nice icon set in the first section already. Could it be better to use them as simple text links somewhere?
- Do we need sections at all? I could remove these ugly  links, idk... I'll think about this.
- Getting involved! and Getting started! sound too similar, find other terms for both text blocks maybe? "Before you start..." and "All you wanted to know about wikis" or "A foreword for your wiki journey" and "Some tips for the road ahead...". I'm kidding of course...
- Didn't check the contents. I'll do it when I'm home.
- And nice jobs with those images btw! I really dig them! --Ngng (talk) 09:18, 1 May 2015 (BST)
- I've made a new version on Test 1 taking into account the last message.
- 1) I didn't understood if you wanted the compatibility links to be text without icons or just removed. On Test 1 the compatibility section was removed (it's actually at the bottom of the page in case we need it). I think there is no reason to have links to games on the main page, but if you think they're necesary we can find a way to include them.
- 2) On Test 1 the sections are removed, just text now. But I think that the underline on the section title had a good looking effect
- 3) Both getting's sections were merged into one
- 4) Ok
- 5) I just made the binoculars that slightly resembles a Joystick on the forums link.
- Update: I've uploaded updated and more kinda definitive icons.
- Ngng, the following old icons should be deleted (I wanted to upload new ones with more appropiate naming):
- Its not a matter of urgency of course, you cand o it when you get home.
Nice drawing work! I'll remove old icons later. Headers are needed but I think  tags should be removed. Try test3 without game compatibility section. I never liked these Wikipedia gamepad icons and they look out of place here. Please give me at least a week, we'll finish this page. The internet is painful over here... :) --Ngng (talk) 09:26, 2 May 2015 (BST)