Tomb Raider: Legend
Developer(s): Crystal Dynamics
Publisher(s): Eidos Interactive (EU, US, AU), Spike (JP)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 82/100
Game description: Tomb Raider: Legend revives the athletic, intelligent and entertaining adventurer who won the hearts and minds of gamers worldwide. Lara comes alive with intricately animated expressions, moves and abilities. An arsenal of modern equipment, such as a magnetic grappling device, binoculars, frag grenades, personal lighting device and communications equipment, allows gamers to experience tomb raiding as never before. Eidos and Crystal Dynamics shaped Lara's look and movements to be an inherent extension of her skills, motivation and personality. Lara's character model features natural structure, realistic textures, detailed facial features, reactive eyes and fluid motion, all of which make her part of a living environment. New character animations and controls allow her to move through stunning environments with grace and precision, while an understanding of the game's original appeal reinvigorates the fundamental explore-and-solve adventure experience.
As a nine year old child, Lara Croft and her mother, Amelia Croft, survive a plane crash in the Himalayan mountains. After taking refuge in an ancient Buddhist monastery, young Lara discovers a stone dais with an ancient sword set in it. By touching the sword she activates a supernatural portal. Distorted voices speak to her mother Amelia through the portal, and Amelia removes the sword from the dais. The portal and dais are destroyed in an explosion and Amelia disappears in a bright light, leaving Lara to survive on her own.
||1.2.0 (r5782)||GSdx SSE41 (r5801m)||
||Runs at a good speed. Stuttery as all hell. KOSMOS effect with this one. Technically playable, but not enjoyable.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)||
||1.3.1 (r1578 g20e36f8)
||GSdx 0.1.16 AVX2
|BIOS: USA 2.30, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1866 G.SKILL. Extremely demanding game. Requires a powerful system (in particular GPU in this case) to run at a constant 60 FPS in every area.||Ryudo|
- Original names: トゥームレイダー: レジェンド (SLPM-66558) & (SLPS-25945)
- Also known as Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
- The PAL version of this game supports multiple languages through the BIOS configuration. Implementation requires Full boot - "Boot CDVD (full)".
- The PAL version of this game gains a big speedup by (in combination) setting "EE Cycle Skipping" to 2 under Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks, and activating "Monitor Frequency PAL-60" under Options > Display in the game-menu.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Distant textures are flickering/distorted.
- Workaround: This can be resolved with the latest v1.5.0 git builds. Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Mipmapping to "Basic". For older versions switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options make sure that Mipmapping is enabled. Press the insert key in-game to toggle mipmapping.