Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Developer(s): Ubisoft Montreal
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 87/100
Game description: As Sam Fisher, Third Echelon's most skilled Splinter Cell operative, you are assigned to execute a hazardous series of operations to investigate and eliminate a new source of information attacks originating in North Korea. At your disposal is a lethal array of tactics ranging from Combat Knife techniques to experimental prototype weapons skills and more-radical hand-to-hand techniques such as the Inverted Chokehold. Experience the intensity of acting as a lone operative fighting tomorrow's threats in the field and of cooperating online with a partner to accomplish crucial missions.
Chaos Theory is the third game in the Splinter Cell series endorsed by novelist Tom Clancy. As with previous entries in the franchise, Chaos Theory follows the activities of Sam Fisher, an agent working for a covert-ops branch within the NSA called "Third Echelon", this time assigned to execute a hazardous series of operations to investigate and eliminate a new source of information attacks originating in North Korea.
The game has a significantly darker tone than its predecessors, featuring more combat and the option for Fisher to kill people he interrogates as opposed to simply knocking them out.
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs near full speed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64||
||1.5.0 (dev-1909)||GSdx SSE41||
||Preset 2 - Safe (faster), Game runs great in Hardware modes by default setting. Thermal vision is working with "OpenGL (Hardware)" only by default setting. Darker gameplay requires brightness increments from “shader config” for better graphic looking. Freezing cutscenes in hardware mode only. Fixed by toggling (F9) each time starting to watch the cutscenes in Software Mode.|
|PAL||Windows 10 x64||
||1.5.0 2567||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2||
||OpenGL Software mode, runs above full speed. Had no perfomance problems with my older PC (Intel Core Q6600 and Nvidia GTX 260) on DX10 Hardware mode, software mode without any problems, hardware mode has buggy thermal vision but it isn´t really needed.||LeRutY|
|PAL||Solus, kernel 5.1.14||
||1.5.0 (075a9f3)||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||Playable without issues with the specified settings (unspecified settings at default value). Use the Post-Processing Shade Boost to increase the game's brightness without changing the brightness of your monitor.||Ratchet66|
- Original names: トム・クランシーシリーズ スプリンターセル カオスセオリー (SLPM-66130)
No video during cutscenes
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: During cutscenes there is no video, only audio when using hardware mode.
- Workaround: Fixed on the latest nightly builds (tested on nightly v1.7.4187). For older builds like 1.6.0 : Manually switch to software mode and then back to hardware mode using F9.
Game is too dark
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: This isn't an issue to some, neither the emulators fault, it's the game itself that it's so dark.
- Workaround: It has been improved on the latest nightly builds (Tested on nightly v1.7.4187) but if you still have issues seeing just adjust the brightness and contrast on your monitor
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (SLES 53007)