The Sims 2: Pets
Publisher(s): EA Games
Game review links: Metacritic: 68/100
Game description: Sims Have New Friends - Pets! Sims can share their lives with their new pets and add more fun to the Sims experience. From dogs, cats, caged animals and more, your Sims share new friends to experience life's precious moments. With so many different animals to choose from, there's no telling what unpredictable experiences could occur. Create-A-Pet: Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds or customize features for a one-of-a-kind pet. You can even modify your pet's body shape by choosing from specific colors and unique markings. Don't like the way they act? Change their personality - from smart and sweet to silly and sloppy - anyone can create their ideal animal friend in The Sims 2 Pets. Your Sims can encourage and discipline pets, training them to shake, roll over, play dead, and more. Unruly pets might dig in the yard, claw the sofa, or topple the trash. Thankfully, a little training can go a long way. Create and control digital characters over a lifetime, setting their goals in life from popularity and romance, to fortune and family- their stories are in your hands. Use special codes to share unlockable pet accessories, fur types or markings with other The Sims 2 Pets players. Take your Sims and their pet for a romp at any of the nearby park areas, or head to the Central Town Park which is a favorite of pet owners. While there, watch your pet play well with others while your Sim can meet others and socialize with fellow animal lovers. Visit the adjoining Town Center, a great gathering spot for Sims that evolves over time. Once you've seen the latest styles and decided on a purchase, deck your pet out in the latest clothing and accessories around. From geek to chic and cool to casual, your Sim can customize their pet's look with one stop in the Town Center.
Test configurations on Windows:
||1.2.1 [02-02-2014]||GSdx 5875||
||EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Zero. Runs at 50-60 FPS through whole part of the game. Works finely. White box covering the family selection menu when choosing a house.|
|PAL||Windows 10 x64 2004||
||BIOS: Europe v02.20, OpenGL HW, upscaled to 4K, using settings from Workarounds (see "Known Issues"), thanks to that, The Sims 2 Pets goes ingame and it's the most playable The Sims game on the emulator for now.|
- Original names: 심즈 2: 펫츠 (SLKA-25399)
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Some user interface items are missing or broken.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and set the Blending Unity Accuracy to "Basic" or higher. Or switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Many textures and menu items are surrounded by gaps or lines.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, turn on "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable "Half-pixel Offset". Alternatively set Internal Resolution to "Native", or switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
- Games rated T in North America
- Games rated 12+ in Europe
- Games rated M in Australia
- Games rated ALL in Korea
- Games with widescreen support
- GPU intensive games
- CPU intensive games
- Games with English language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Spanish language
- Games with Dutch language
- Games with Italian language
- Games with Swedish language
- Games with Polish language
- Games with Danish language
- Games with Finnish language
- Games with Norwegian language
- Playable games
- Games by Maxis
- Games with minor issues