TOCA Race Driver 3
Publisher(s): Codemasters (US, EU, AU), Interchannel-Holon (JP)
Game review links: : 8.7/10, : 82/100
Game description: The TOCA racing series returns for a third go with numerous improvements over its predecessors. TOCA Race Driver 3 features upgraded artificial intelligence, a spectator mode, rivalries, and 35 racing styles. There are more than 80 cars to choose from, each with finely tuned performance variables. You can progress across all disciplines or specialize in one of the six, including touring, GT, and rally. TOCA Race Driver 3 is also online-compatible, letting you challenge other gamers around the globe.
The game features several fully licenced championships, including the DTM series and V8 Supercar championship. This is the last in the series to have TOCA in its title as following on from this TOCA was dropped in favour of just Race Driver (e.g. Race Driver GRID).
||1.3.0 (5900 svn)||GSdx 0.1.16 (5899 svn)
Any scaling beyond native will cause significant slowdowns ingame.
||1.5.0 (19th Jul 2018 build)||GSDx (D3D11 Hardware)
Use VU0 and VU1 superVU Recompiler, as it's much more compatible with this game and so gives huge speed improvements.
- Original names: トカ レース ドライバー 3 ジ アルティメット レーシング シミュレーター (SLPM-55046)
- Also known as V8 Supercars 3 (AU), V8 Supercars Australia 3 (AU), DTM Race Driver 3 (EU), TOCA Race Driver 3: The Ultimate Racing Simulator
- The game sets to widescreen when it is prompted by the 16:9 ratio setting in the PS2 internal menu.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: When using hardware mode and switching between different options on the menus, text doesn't refresh properly, making it unreadable.
- Workaround: Use software mode (F9 key) in the menus.