Simple 2000 Series Vol. 55: The Catfight: Joneko Densetsu
Publisher(s): D3Publisher (JP), 505 Game Street (EU)
Genre: Fighting, Action
Game description: Simple 2000 Series Vol 55: The Catfight (Onna Neko Densetsu or Joneko Densetsu), or simply Fighting Angels in Europe, is an all-bikini-girl fighter which allows you to choose from one of ten characters (one character, boss character, is unlockable) and up to 11 different costumes (9 of which are shared among the different characters). The game plays as a fully 3D arena fighting game which implements common fighter features such as basic moves and combos, guard and counter guard system, a "Sexy"/"Love" meter system which allows an enhanced countering (unleashes a quick counter move automatically after guarding against the move) action and, when full, provides a super move called "Sexy Dance" which unleashes a powerful combo.
As for game modes, it provides two types of matches - regular battles and weapon matches, the latter of which randomly spawns a weapon in some part of the ring which can either be a Bat w/ Nails, Katana, Steel Chair, Assault Rifle. These weapons have a limited number of uses (about 4, regardless of whether they hit the opponent or not) and when the only weapon is "lost" or "destroyed" another one will spawn at one of the four corners of the arena.
In short, Fighting Angels can be fun but simple fighter game, especially if you don't mind (or are into) the scantily-clad-women-beating-the-crap-out-of-each-other-while-being-cute (except for when they bring the weapons out: especially the assault rifle) type of thing...
||1.4.0||GSdx 1.0.0 AVX||
||The game runs smoothly at both 50 Hz and 60 Hz (50 FPS and 60 FPS respectively). However, the game can only be run in software mode (D3D9, D3D11, OGL) as running in hardware mode causes severe colour distortion and afterimaging, most noticeable during intro videos, View mode and during matches. (See images below).||Just-SA-Gamer000|
||1.4.0||GSdx 1.0.0 AVX||
||The game runs smoothly (60 FPS). However, the game can only be run in software mode (D3D9, D3D11, OGL) as running in hardware mode causes severe colour distortion and afterimaging/overdraw, most noticeable during intro videos, View mode and during matches. (See images below). The problem appears to be related to poor/no refreshing of every frame - probably some issue with hardware (no-)calls to graphics driver or something.||Just-SA-Gamer000|
- Original names: THE キャットファイト (SLPM-62494), THE 켓 파이트 (SLKA-15041)
- Also known as Fighting Angels (EU)
- This game stars notable characters such as Riho Futaba (D3 Publisher's Idol: other games include the Zombie Hunters series (vol. 61, 80, 90, 101), Demolition Girl (vol. 50), All-Star Kakutou (vol. 91), etc.) and Reiko Misuzaki (Zombie Hunters 2 (vol. 101), All-Star Kakutou (vol. 91), etc.)
- The European version of this game lacks voiced pre-fight dialogue as in the Japanese version: instead, simple text is written across the lower portion of the screen on either character's side
Severe colouring distortion and afterimaging
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: A weird overlapping/distortion of colours ingame causes the models, background and arena to become indistinguishable due to the mix of colours.
- Workaround: Go to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings, and set Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.