Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
||Needs a powerful machine to play at good speeds. The cutscenes are the biggest problem. Setting the SPU2-X Synchronizing Mode to "Async" may speed up the cutscenes but can cause stutter and out of sync problems in-game. Can't use high resolutions unless you have a very powerful graphics card.||Machina|
||0.9.8 (beta r4208)||GSdx 0.1.16||
||BIOS: Japan 2.20, HACKS: Speed hack enable, Something is missing...shadows, texture, just don't know what it is.||Joder666|
||1.1.0 (r5492)||GSdx SSE4 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
|PAL||Windows 7 x64||
||1.2.1 (r5873)||GSdx (r5875)||
||BIOS: Europe v2.00, Cutscenes run quite smooth but while ingame you need a strong CPU especially when you're using Software mode.||Pyr0|
||1.3.1 (git r1461 g21857ec)||GSdx SSE4||
||Working Post-processing Lighting and Shadows Settings: Use the latest build at buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2,
Emulation Settings: EE/IOP & VU = Chop/Zero & Extra + Preserve Sign, VU's: VU0 & VU1 = SuperVU Recompiler [legacy] (Important! Removes screen artifacts.), GSdx Video Settings: Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware), CRC Hack Level: Partial, Hardware Depth & Accurate Date checked, Blending Unit at least Basic, Your choice on Internal Resolution, Texture Filtering and Anisotropic Filtering
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)||
||v1.5.0 (dev-2162 g8c37418e4)
||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||BIOS: USA 2.30, Finally got my DS3 controller to work properly with this game. The game runs fine aside from the few known issues with graphics. Requires a powerful computer to run at full speed. I used Skipdraw 1 to deal with a massive drop in frame rates whenever 'Stealth Camouflage' was being used. Using Skipdraw 1 did not cause any further weird side-effects in the rest of the game. As mentioned, the DS3 controller is pretty much a must-have for this game. Using the SCPToolkit, the pressure sensitive buttons worked perfectly fine after some minor adjustments to the sensitivity itself in LilyPad's configuration page. (I set the Circle button to 0.600, because it was still a bit too sensitive and I ended up killing soldiers whom were taken in a chokehold. After setting it to 0.600 it worked perfect). Each controller has different calibration ranges for the buttons, so always check and see which sensitivity works best for your controller.||Ryudo|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64||
||GSdx 11 (included)
||BIOS: USA. Note that playing using 1.4 gave _much_ worse performance. The game runs reasonably, considering this is not a gaming rig, but the videos sometimes slow down to 60% (or even lower). Skipdraw 1 and 2 worked pretty well. See my config info.||fintip|
- Original names: メタルギアソリッド3 サブシスタンス (SLPM-66220), 메탈기어 솔리드 3: 서브시스턴스 (SLKA-25353) & (SLKA-25354)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is an expanded version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. New features include a new camera angle, online component (which was later released on the PS3 as Metal Gear Online).
- Japanese and North American versions of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence consist of two discs (basic edition) or three discs (limited edition). European and Australian versions always have three discs.
- Three discs of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence contain: updated Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater game (as Subsistence), Metal Gear Online (as Persistence) and a 3.5 hour DVD video disc of Metal Gear Solid 3's cinematics (as Existence).
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Post-processing is disabled in GSdx by default. Enabling post-processing in this game causes huge slowdowns. Certain places can look overbright.
- Workaround: Use Software mode (Press F9)
Screen Artifacts in OpenGL (Hardware)
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Affected Game Versions: OpenGL
- Description: Artifacts flicker across the screen in OpenGL.
- Workaround: In Emulation Settings, under VU choose SuperVU Recompiler [legacy], Chop/Zero and Extra + Preserve Sign to reduce or remove the artifacts.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: There are various areas where the blending goes wrong. (Shadows look like dark patches, etc).
- Workaround: Use OpenGL (Hardware Mode) in the latest stable build v1.4.0 and up.
- Blending Unit Accuracy: Use Basic and above.
- Software mode (F9) (Old method).