Jade Cocoon 2
Publisher(s): Genki (JP), Ubisoft (US, EU)
Game review links: : 76/100
Game description: A deadly parasite known as Kalma threatens the world of Jade Cocoon 2. Set centuries after the first Jade Cocoon, the sequel puts you in the role of Kahu, a fledgling Cocoon Master. Kahu must enter four elementally themed forests in a mission to stop Kalma from overtaking the earth. Search for the four Orbs of Cocoon Masters while training captured monsters to aid you on your quest. You can even pit your army of fighters against a friend's best-bred creatures in battle mode.
Jade Cocoon 2's plot occurs 100 years after the events in the original Jade Cocoon. The time of the Nagi people and "cocoon masters" has passed. New "cocoon masters" are now cited as "beasthunters" and are the prominent force of monster raising, with the player playing one named Kahu who visits the Temple of Kemuel in the hopes of becoming a beasthunter and having adventures like the old cocoon masters he's idolized.
||1.3.1 git [06-18-14]||GSdx 06-18-14 git||
||BIOS: 2.0.0, FPS: 60FPS with no hacks, 70% EE usage 30GS usage (3x scaling). Works great at 3x scaling, no slowdowns. Will update this more as I play the game. Anyone with lower specs, Please change these. ==Speedhacks/Settings==
• EE CycleRate: Small speed up when put at third notch (4FPS on test rig). does not seem to effect FMV's. • INTC Sync Hack: No noticeable speed up, no issues. • Wait Loop Detection: Noticeable speedup, no issues. • mVU Flag Hack: Small speed up, no issues. • VU Cycle Stealing: Noticeable speedup if using notch 2 or higher, No noticeable side effects. • MTVU: Has a negative speed impact (about 12 FPS on test rig)
- Original names: 玉繭物語2〜滅びの蟲〜 (SLPS-25054), 타마마유 이야기 2 (SLKA-25042)
- Also known as Tamamayu Monogatari 2 Horobi no Mushi (JP)
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Garbage graphics are displayed at the bottom of the screen during some scenes
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > GS Window tab, and set Zoom to 101.0%.