Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
Developer(s): Polyphony Digital
Publisher(s): SCEI (JP), SCEE (EU)
Game review links: : 7/10
Game description: This short version title preceded the release of the full-length version Gran Turismo 4 in 2004. Featuring 50 of GT4's 500 cars as well as five courses, this expanded demo was designed for everyone who couldn't bear to wait for the full-version's release.
||BIOS: USA v2.00, *running above full speed.
||1.1.0 r5480||GSdx 5442 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.3 Git 29 of April||GSDX||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Used the patch in gameindex before testing for caution,fine results,i dont know about the necessity.|
- Original names: グランツーリスモ4 プロローグ版 (SCPS-15055) & (SCPS-19304) & (PBPX-95523), 跑車浪漫旅4:序章版 (SCAJ-20066), 그란 투리스모 4 프롤로그 (SCKA-20022)
- Also known as Gran Turismo 4: Prologue Edition (JP), Gran Turismo 4: "Prologue"
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: Crashes pretty often. This happens because of spikes in VRam use.
- In recent PCSX2 GIT revisions as of May 7th, 2016, VRAM spikes have been greatly reduced. Go To Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings and disable "Large Framebuffer" to reduce the spikes even further.
- If you get lots of crashes during license tests use a lower internal resolution in GSdx.
- Multisample anti-aliasing(MSAA) can cause the game to crash a lot. Make sure the MSAA level is set to 0 in the GSdx Configure Hacks menu(only applies to Direct3D HW renderers).
- In Windows XP, even in native resolution, you may get instant crashes when starting races if you do not have enough VRAM. Using a custom resolution lower than 512x512 seems to help.