Developer(s): Polygon Magic
Publisher(s): Enterbrain (JP), Sammy Studios (AU, US, EU)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 50/100
Game description: Survival horror and science fiction come together in the sequel to Galerians. In Galerians: Ash, you reprise the role of Rion as he fights the Last Galerians and their evil leader Ash, who wants to destroy all organic life on Earth. Joined once again by Lilia, you must battle your enemies with all-new psychic attacks and neural enhancers across new and expansive environments. In this game, a strong psyche, puzzle-solving skills, and quick reflexes are most valuable to success.
Galerians: Ash is the sequel to Galerians, a PlayStation game. It is a psychic action game with a dark setting. It follows the story of a young man named Rion who has psychic powers and the resiliency to overcome the Last Galerians, a genetically engineered group of superhumans whose purpose is to wipe out humankind.
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), No bugs.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 Pro||
||GSdx 1.0.0 SSSE3 MSVC 19.00
||USA v1.60(27/04/2001). Has missing/glitchy visual elements and flickering lights in some environments. The game cannot be completed due to these issues; more details are in the "Known Issues" section.|
- Original names: ガレリアンズ:アッシュ (SLPS-25119) & (SLPS-25280), ガレリアンズ:アッシュ×リオン コンプリートパック (SLPS-25096)
- Also known as Galerians: Ash x Rion Complete Pack (JP)
- This game uses footage from the Galerians OVA/movie, Galerians: Rion.
Missing text and glitched interfaces
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: Certain visual elements are missing or glitched, such as text when interacting with objects, pre-title screen logos, the map screen, and other interface screens. This causes the game to be unplayable during instances where these elements are required to progress through the game.
- Workaround: In recent pcsx2 dev version go to pcsx2, game settings and enable automatic gamefixes,For older Use the following patch (or software mode):
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: In Cutscenes it's hard to hear what the characters are saying
- Workaround: go to config, audio settings enable "disable post-processing" and "Use de- alias filter"
Flickering lights in some environments
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: In environments such as the Family Program Room (starting point in the game), the screen may display excessive lights or flicker.
- Workaround: Use software mode.