Devil May Cry
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 93/100, : 94/100
Game description: Legends tell of a demon swordsman named Sparda, who awoke to justice and rebelled against the devil, waging a one-man support of the human world. Now, 2,000 years later, a dark figure named Dante--private investigator of the supernatural--finds clues that the devil is rallying to rise up again against mankind. By Dante's demon blood, you enter this dark realm of demonic marionettes, unearthly phantoms, grim reapers, and other retched souls. Transform to a demon state to inflict devastating attacks on enemies in this gothic battle of good against evil.
||52-60 FPS most of the time. Maybe enable some speedhacks.||Dhillel|
||0.9.8 RC (r4463)||GSdx (r4459)||
||BIOS USA v2.00, 52-60 FPS most of the time. Maybe enable some speedhacks.||Machina|
||USA v02.00(14/06/2004), There are 2 instances where the game hangs after an FMV scene. Skipping these will solve the problem. Aside from the one mentioned above, there is a case of the "shaky" screen and a white "after-image". This can be fixed by enabling Interlacing-->Bob tff and HW Hacks-->Half-pixel Offset.|
||1.1.0 (r5480)||GSdx SSE41 (r5442)||
||Delay VIF1 stalls. Runs above full speed. IPU's are very buggy and can hang in an instant. Getting past intro screens to the menu and ingame is random. Sometimes it makes it, sometimes it doesn't. Had to use a couple fixes to get past the warning screen.|
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed. Any rendering res > native results in a mini image double in the upper left corner(see screenshot).|
||1.1.0 (r5530)||GSdx (r5464)||
||55-60 FPS most of the time, just leave the settings to default and enable MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1) in speed hack tab. Visit this thread for more info.||Jinkazama2k7|
||1.1.0 (r5754)||GSdx SSSE3 (r5752)||
||Runs at a decent speed. Only way to run the game is to quickly press select after starting a new game to skip the intro video. Some other videos also seem to hang. Skip Mpeg hack doesn't work.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64||
||Game runs great. No more rectangular window at top left.|
- Original names: デビル メイ クライ (SLPM-65038) & (SLPM-66502) & (SLPM-74230) & (SLPM-61010) & (SLPM-65023), 데빌 메이 크라이 (SLPM-67502)
Small box overlay
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: A small window containing the in-game text messages and subtitles appears usually near the top of the screen.
- Workaround: This has been fixed in recent v1.5.0 git builds. For older versions go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Internal Resolution to Native.
- Alternatively press SELECT, go to the options menu, and wait for 8 seconds before exiting.
Game hangs in FMVs
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Affected Game Versions: PAL
- Description: The game will hang at the end of several FMV's.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab, disable preset at the bottom left of the window if necessary, then set the "EE Cyclerate" slider to -1. Or skip these FMV's by pressing Select.