Tales of the Abyss
||x1.5, INTC Sync, IOP 2x, idle loop, FPS: 55 - 60 (capped). You may want to try using speed hacks, but all cycle modifying speedhacks (sync hacks) are likely to break the game such as loose music and crash in battles.||KabooZ|
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)
||BIOS: USA 2.30, Aside from the ghosting issues that this game has, it does run amazingly well. Ghosting issue can be somewhat fixed by using some of the methods found below. Personally I used the Skipdraw + Shadeboost combination to get around it.||Ryudo|
- To allow 3 and 4 player support, enable multitap on the emulator for port 2, and port 2 on Lilypad ((r4510)0.10.0 and up) plugin. Controls for each player then becomes 1 = Player one, 2A= Player 2, 2B= Player 3, 2C= Player 4.
- If the game fails to load any area, effectively trapping you in maybe one or two areas that you can access, it's due to patching error in the ISO. Very common with undubs.
Ghosting at higher resolution
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: If you use a higher resolution than native "ghost" effect will occur
- Workaround: If you use a higher resolution than native add pixoff_x=-8, pixoff_y=-8 to your GSDX.ini and if the "ghost" problem still exists try different values (works only on/after rev1650 or GSDX 0.1.15).
- Alternatively: A TotA-specific build of GSDX also fixed this.
- Alternatively: If you are using custom resolution set in 1920x1080, just use TCoffsetX:450/Y:350. You don´t need any other hack if you do this.
- Alternatively: As of gsdx2693, just set UserHacks_SkipDraw to '1' to fix this problem. (Can cause slowdown)
- Alternatively: As of PCSX 1.0.0 with GSDX 5334 (0.1.16) it seems that ghosting can be fixed by using Native or Native x1-x6 resolution.
- Note: When you set Skipdraw to 1, you'll have to use Shadeboost and increase the Brightness to max. Because you'll lose the bloom entirely in the game, causing things to become darker.;