Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
|Graphics by GSDX:||r4459|
|Sound by SPU2-X:||1.4.0|
|Pad plugin is LilyPad:||0.10.0|
|BIOS version:||USA v2.0|
Comments: It's a very GPU intensive game, nVidia cards will perform better then ATI cards. To play on native resolution you should at least be using a nVidia 9800GT or a similar performance ATI card. Note that even though DQVIII is a GPU intensive game a dual core CPU clocked at under 3.2GHz will most likely limit performance. Hack comments:
- Enabling EE cycle rate (3) may give a slight FPS increase.
- Be sure to allow 8-bit textures in GDSX to get a performance boost.
- Hack Skipdraw 1 can fix the "no shadow" problem in hardware mode.
- Check WildArmsOffset in HW Hacks to remove thje white lines in text boxes.
Observation: Using WildArmsOffset will bring a black line in half of the HP bar though.
|Graphics by ZZogl:||untested|
|Sound by SPU2-X:||untested|
|CPU:||AMD Phenom II x3 720 @ 3.6GHz|
|GPU:||ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB version|
- 55-60fps at all times with 1024x768 resolution
- PAL version tested (Australian, non-platinum version) working great! Full FPS nearly everywhere in 1280x1280 in Rev 2523. Oddly enough, 8-bit textures slow down the PAL version a little bit, so make sure to turn them off! All other hacks were turned on full blast (except VU skipping was only 2x). Ran on a computer with a 9600GT, E4400 Core2 Duo @ 2.4ghz, and Windows 7 Home Premium, using DX10 mode GSdx.